Monday, January 19, 2009

What's Been Going On

I've been meaning to blog for a while now and just haven't gotten around to it yet. So we'll give it a try now while the girls are sleeping for once.

  • Hannah has had double ear infections that lasted about 3 weeks after trying two different medicines
  • I have taken her to the doctor about 4 times in the past 7 weeks
  • She has been sick on and off for the past 3 months throwing up, fever, ear infections...never knowing what day she will throw up or be fine...and then she gives it to Abby half the time and then gets it again after
  • Just got home from the doctor and now they say the throwing up must be acid reflux
  • We moved Hannah into a big girl bed, with Abby, a couple weeks ago which has caused a lack of sleep for everyone but is gradually getting better (one of these days she won't be such a light sleeper) This picture was taken late at night even though it looks light in there, and of course she woke up screaming as soon as the picture was taken.
  • I finally got Hannah's hair into a real pony tail that lasted about a whole 5 minutes before coming out...but it's progress

  • I rarely can get a picture of Hannah without eating something
  • I've still been nauseous on and off this whole pregnancy so far
  • Oh I decided to go crazy and cut bangs and layer my hair
  • Me and Joe have planned and booked our trip to Boston next month (my Christmas, birthday, V-day, and 5 year anniversary present). He has a J. Reuben Clark Law Society conference (Mormon law students) so they help pay for his part, and we decided since we can't go anywhere for our anniversary since we will still have a brand new baby we might as well go before he is born
  • Me and Joe decided to make a month's worth of dinners one day and freeze them so I don't have to cook for a month. It was a lot more work and time consuming than I thought it would be but fun and nice not to have to worry about cooking.
And what can I say, we all love the TV.

7 comments:

Stilovich Family said...

Wow... sounds like a good month so far. Can't say Im jelous! I hope you can get your poor kids sickness figured out, there is nothing worse than being sick and then having to clean up puke from your sick kids! Hang in there... it will all be worth it... right? When they are healthy you guys need to come visit:)

Brandon and Jenn said...

I'm sorry that you've had such a bad run with sickness. I hope Hannah is feeling better soon. We missed you at the party a few weeks ago.

James, Cameo, Jacob, and Eli said...

You have such adorable girls!! That's too bad Hannah has been sick and having a hard time. It's too bad you've been so nauseous as well. Hopefully it will get better. I went through a phase of being nauseous in the mornings from months 7-8, and the doctor just recommended eating a night time protein snack before bed. It actually helped. I think I stopped eating as much because there was less room in my stomach, but it resulted in me being nauseous. Anyway, hope it gets better for you!!

simple mom/wife said...

I have been worried about little Hannah. I noticed she wasn't in nursery very much. I'm sorry to hear why. Sometimes it's even worse for the moms! Hope this all ends quickly!

Jayson & Megan said...

Wow, it sounds exciting at your place. Just Kidding. I wouldn't want to have to deal with sick ones as long as you have. Hopefully, Hannah will start feeling better soon.

Let me know how Boston is. Jayson and I are heading out there in June to visit my sister & her family and his brother & family. I hope you have a fantastic time!

It's Been a Day! said...

i love hannah's hair in a ponytail. very cute! and i hear you on the eating thing. avery always has something in her mouth! i hope you guys stay healthy. and hannah in a big bed. very exciting! i've been tempted to put avery in one since she climbs out of her crib, but haven't done it yet. she looks awfully cozy in there.

Lonna said...

The fun never stops around your house. The sickies for everyone, a new and darling pony tail, a trip in the very near future, and the fact that everyone loves the t.v.. Now that is great.

I like the new hair cut, too. It was fun to see you for a brief day. Maybe we can try to get together sometime when you are not quite so busy.