Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Abby and My Red Dress

So while we were in Austin a couple of weeks ago, my mom watched the grand kids, while the rest of us went to a movie. We came back and Abby and my niece were in my old dresses from when I was little, putting on make up and getting ready to go to a ball with a date. Yikes! Abby is only 3. Anyway, Abby had on my old red corduroy dress that I wore in my kindergarten picture. She looks a little homeless in it but hates the fact she has to take it off and sometimes I even let her get by sleeping in it. She says it's her princess dress (not sure what is princessy about it) and she loves that it was mine when I was a little girl.

We try not to wear shoes at home and Abby usually stops people as they walk in the door telling them they better take off their shoes. But these shoes...for some reason they don't come off. I told her before bed tonight she needed to take them off and she said, "I can't I'm going to the palace and the floor is really dirty there." But we did finally get them off, she isn't sleeping in shoes luckily.


And no offense to my mom, (because I'm sure I was always dressed in style) but Abby is not allowed to wear it out and probably never will be. Let's just say I think things have changed a little since I was in kindergarten back in 1988.

5 comments:

Lesley said...

I love it!

You totally had an 80's perm, huh?

Now I think Hannah looks just like you. I never saw it before now!

Lonna said...

I think that I had the same hair style as you did for the good ol' K- picture. Except my hair was just curly, no perm, and blonde, yep oh how the days of growing up have changed me. You look so cute, and shy. This made my day. I love to see pictures from other peoples childhoods. Especially when the 80's are involved.

Stilovich Family said...

Ah! The red dress! That girl is funny,Jaecie was happy to see she was still wearing it!

simple mom/wife said...

I swear I had a dress just like that, probably wore it to my Kindergarten picture day too. How fun that you knew right where that picture was and your Mom is so good for keeping track of those fun things!

Kelly said...

You were an adorable little girl in kindergarten. I think it's neat that your mom saved it and now Abby is having fun in it. It sounds like Abby likes the nostalgia too.