Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Introducing... Weston

Richard Weston Griffin made his appearance at 7:28 am on Tuesday, the 28th. He weighed 6 lb. 10 oz. and was 19.25 inches long. After screaming the first hour, he has been such a sweet little baby since. Everything went well, and to me that is the way to do it...scheduled c-section. Besides the few minutes before waiting to go in that I freaked out, it was easy and so fast. I was in and out of the OR in 30 minutes. And as of a few minutes ago the name has been chosen and put on the birth certificate paperwork. It was pretty sad having a nameless baby but we have finally come to a compromise and a decision and we are so glad he is here with us and part of our family and the girls are already loving having a baby brother. More pictures to come soon. We will be going home from the hospital either tomorrow night or Friday morning.


Joe waiting to come in to the OR
My first bonding experience with him
Hannah was too busy running around and excited to actually get a good picture of Weston and her together


Abby loving on him...she screamed her head off when she had to leave him b/c he couldn't come with her


My sweet little baby boy

21 comments:

Stilovich Family said...

He is SOOOOOO Cute!!!! Congrats! Thanks for finally getting pictures up of our first nephew! Can't wait to see him in person! You guys do good work makin' those kids! He looks like a happy guy! What a DOLL! Take care of yourself and let us know if you need anything from us! We love you guys:)

sgriffin.ca said...

The girls look so happy and Weston is a gorgeous BOY! I'm glad that things were easier this time. (You need it to be for sure!)I can't believe that you got pics up so fast. Technology is a wonderful thing when you are miles and miles away. I cried when I saw him just like I know I would have if I could have been there in person. I just wish I could kiss his sweet little ears and check out his cute little toes!

Charlie said...

Hey, Congrats to all of y'all

Lonna said...

Weston, I like it. I am glad to hear that you are well, and that the whole thing only took a mere 30 minutes out of your day. That is the way to go.

So cute to see that the girls like him so much, Gwen was not to pleased with Harrison when she saw him for the first time.

He is so darling, and tiny, I hope that he continues to be a good baby.

Joe looks like he belongs in those scrubs, maybe he should switch things up and head back to school in the medical field...just kidding just kidding. Thanks for the photos, Weston really is so cute.

Brandon and Jenn said...

So cute! Congrats, guys a new baby is such a wonderful blessing.

AshleyS said...

that's so nice how smoothly things went! thanks so much for the text, and i love the name! I always say that if it weren't my husband's name, I would definitely name my son Weston. so happy for you guys (and a little jealous, we still have 10 weeks to go!) the girls are so cute in the pics.

Jayson & Megan said...

Congratulations! What a wonderful and exciting time for your family. Enjoy your new little guy and have a quick and easy recovery.

Brittney Paul said...

Congratulations, Sierra. He is darling, what a perfect little family you have! That's so nice that everything went so smoothly, I'm totally freaking out about the 2nd c-section thing, so it's nice to know someone had a good experience. Take care of yourself and hope your recovery goes just as smoothly.

Lesley said...

Congratulations! I love his name. And I love his little face! I can't believe how much he looks like Abby! Or is it Hannah? Either way, it is adorable that he looks so much like his sisters already. So so cute.

I am glad to hear his delivery was so perfect! Here's to a great recovery!

It's Been a Day! said...

congrats! love the name. we have a nephew named that. and i love the first name. I bet your dad is so happy! He's so darling. He looks like a Griffin for sure!! HOpe your recovery is as smooth as the delivery. I'm so happy for you!!

James, Cameo, Jacob, and Eli said...

Yeah - congratulations!! He really looks like your girls, I can't believe it!! I'm so glad everything went well. I'm glad you were able to pick a name finally - I definitely know how that can be!! Let us know if you need anything.

Texas Harveys said...

Congrats! He is so cute and looks just like your girls! Hope you have a swift recovery.

birdbabies said...

SO cute!! congrats, glad to hear everyone is doing well. He looks alot like your girls. you have adorable children! congrats again

Joel and Sara said...

Cute Sierra! That's a great name!

simple mom/wife said...

What a cute name! He looks like a Weston and how fun to say you have a boy now! Can't wait to see him in person.

Brooke & Freeland said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! he is adorable!! Im so glad that yall are doing well and that your girls are loving having a brother around! I hope your recovery from surgery goes well too! Cant wait to see more pictures!!

Dawn said...

Congrats! Glad everything went so well and glad you decided on a name. We thought about Weston for a middle name too. Good luck with everything!

Julia said...

Oh Sierra! He's so cute and what a great name! Congrats!

Stilovich Family said...

I keep checking for more pics... I know your a little busy but when you get a sec....WE WANT MORE PICTURES!!!! :)

caseytanner said...

josefina-

weston is a good name, that's what we named our son. Congratulations.

Holly said...

Congratulations!! He's so cute. I love the name Weston- very cute. They match very well. :) Cute family.