Joe's birthday was this past Tuesday on Cinco De Mayo. His request for dinner was empanadas. So we had to find an authentic recipe and then he pretty much ended up cooking them all since I wasn't in any kind of shape to be cooking all day. They turned out great and we all wore our shirts from Mexico (well me, Joe, and Abby). And I did not pick Joe's out, I actually think it is the ugliest thing ever but I figured on his birthday, I'd let him wear what he wanted. And our great friend made him a Marie Calender's Razzle Berry Pie. I was planning on getting one in the frozen section at HEB but she insisted and it was delicious. So here is the birthday boy on his 29th birthday.
Also it was Weston's 1 week mark. He now weighs 6 lb 8 oz which means he is growing since he lost some weight at the hospital. He's still so tiny though and can only wear newborn size that has shrunk some after being washed and dried. Everything else is huge on him. He is doing great and is going 5-6 hours at a time at night without eating and then going right back to sleep. We put him on the floor for the first time yesterday (he has been held quite a bit so far) and he continuously rolled over from his tummy to his back. He has been great so far, so hopefully he will live up to the "boys are much easier than girls" that I have heard from so many people.
Abby could hold him forever if we let her, she is such a good big sister. Here he is at 1 week.
2 years ago

10 comments:
Yea! I secretly wish I have a boy. Girls make me nervous. Am I allowed to say that? Oh well. It's out. He is cute!
Weston is so cute, and such a tiny little thing!! We only make big babies so I don't know what it is like to have such a wee one. I can't believe he is rolling over so early - you better watch out, he's going to be all over the place in no time!!
happy birthday to joe!! that little weston is so cute. I'm glad that he's doing so well for you. I never thought boys were easier, but I'm glad that you do. Of course, I have a different breed of boy than most! I hope Weston continues to be easy.
Again, Happy Birthday Joe!
Weston is so tiny!
He's rolling over? What the heck! That's crazy! He's going to be a tough guy! Hope you had a great mothers day! I am so glad that Abby is being so good with him! Hope you are feeling better, When do we get to see you in the pictures:)?
Congratulations, Sierra! He's adorable, and so tiny. :) Hope you're feeling a little better and taking things easy. Wow - 3 kids! Happy Mother's Day!
Yeah for birthdays and hooray for the first week too. I love that Abby is such a great helper what a cute girl.
And that Weston is being so nice for you, what a treat. I will say this that if he is on the move now with rolling over, he is really going to keep you on your toes in the future. What a cute boy, he just looks so sweet.
So small and adorable...I can't wait to meet him.
Wow, he's rolling over already?! He's SO dang cute : )...Oh, and hope you had a great birthday, Joe!
HBTY, Joe! I thought of him (and Shawna S.) on their Cinco de Mayo birthdays. That Marie Callendar's Razzle Berry Pie is so good, served hot with vanilla ice cream. What a fun celebration.
Post a Comment