Thursday, June 11, 2009

6 weeks and other happenings



Well Weston turned 6 weeks this past Tuesday. It has gone by super fast already.

  • He loves to be held
  • He really enjoys his swing (the first of my kids to actually like it)
  • He was good at sleeping. Going 6-8 hours a night between feedings since the hospital, then at about 4 weeks it was 6 almost every night. This past week has been about 6 every other night and then not wanting to go to sleep after the first time. And then we had a few nights where we didn't sleep much at all. I thought the sleeping was supposed to get better the older he got, not worse. If his binkie comes out while trying to go to sleep he screams, so I find myself going in every 5 minutes to put his binkie back. **Added 6/12-Weston slept 12 straight hours last night(10:30-10:30) waking up once at 6am. Finally!!**
  • He still loves to roll over, trying to take a picture of all the kids yesterday on their tummys' and I couldn't get him to stay on his.
  • I go through about 2 burp cloths each feeding b/c he spits up so much.
  • He loves bath time, even though he has his occasional pee that shoots way out of the tub and all over everything.

We all love having him around!

Hannah is starting to learn how to be a great big sister to her little brother
My Mother in law left this past Tuesday as well. It was so nice to have her and she helped us out so much while she was here. She even helped them (and me) plant a small garden.


Joe's car broke and so we are down to one car for now.

Abby had croup, Hannah had a cold, and Weston has had a bad cough.

Abby started swimming lessons and ballet lessons. She loves ballet, not so much swimming. After the first day she said she didn't like swimming and didn't want to go back. But she actually really likes it until they want her to put her head under and then she just goes crazy and screams. But after yesterday she said she loved all her lessons and wanted to come back "tomorrow," so we'll see how it goes today.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Your family is so adorable. I love Abby's ballet pose.

Lesley said...

Happy Anniversary! You guys have done some great stuff with your five years together, especially those three little kids!

Lonna said...

Holy smokes you have been busy, and so sorry to hear about the lack of sleep. But 12 hours the other nights sounds amazing, my kids don't even do that.

I love that Hannah is beginning to like him more and more. They are all so cute. I can't believe how strong his little neck is, I mean he is holding up his head so great in that picture with Hannah.

I love that you have Abby in ballet, she is such a cute dancer. But I was surprised to hear that she was funny about the swim lessons after she was doing so well last summer. Maybe she will remember how fun it is in a few more lessons.

It's Been a Day! said...

6 weeks already? i know it always goes by faster for other people than it does for the mom. abby looks so cute!