Well the time has come to get rid of our Jeep which is sad because I have had this car since it was brand new and we have been through a lot together. I've never understood why someone would be sad about getting rid of an old car and now here I am on that end so I guess I understand now.
Story behind car:
My dad surprised me for Christmas my senior year of high school with a brand new car. I had, a few months back, totaled my old car and was in need of a new one. But he not only surprised me by buying me a car, he hadn't even told my mom he got it. So she got me all my Christmas gifts and on top of that I got my brand new Jeep from my dad. All the presents had been opened and my dad went out and said he forgot something and came out with a toilet paper roll wrapped by himself with an unmatching bow on it for me. I opened it and there were the keys to my new car. I went out to the garage to find my Jeep with a big red bow on it and a Christmas card from the dealer.
Here I am crying my eyes out Christmas morning right after opening the keys before even seeing the car...like I said I'm a nerd.So this car has some major sentimental value to me and reminds me every day how awesome my dad is and how good he is at surprises. But the time has come, we have outgrown the car, it gets bad gas mileage, and is getting old. It's been 8 years since I was a senior in high school.
So at this moment Joe is taking it in to await its destruction. I drove it last night for the last time to the grocery store...let's just say some tears were shed knowing that was my last time to drive it. Joe is trading it in for a new car....WITH A/C and a radio I believe. Thanks to all my commenters and some other things we have found a car. A little nerdy but hey, it will get good gas mileage, warranty, and the payment on it will actually save us from the extra gas we needed in the Jeep. So I figure now's the time. But I did have to get a picture with it for the last time.


6 comments:
What is this wet stuff coming from my eyes??! I will always see a grey Jeep and think of you! Oh soo sad!
oh, good times in college in that car...since you were like the only one with a car! Stand out memory = driving to Lake Powell in your jeep and singing "Because I Got High"
I would have shed a few tears too Sierra. I don't blame you at all...we all get a little attached to things that have been through life with us. I hope that the new cars are as great for the next 8 years!
I think it's so sad to get rid of a car. So many memories are made in them - especially if you had them in high school!!
I totally understand and I feel for you. James and I had a little Kia that we loved and then he got a new car and I drove the Kia for years and then when we moved out here it was just not up to the task of 1500 miles and the Texas heat, I totally cried.
I bet that you will have lots of fun in the new one too.
Wow, your Jeep is/was newer than both of our cars. I never knew your dad got it for you as a Christmas present. What a generous dad and super good at surprises. I would have died too, when I saw the keys!
Post a Comment