Saturday, July 25, 2009

Thanks Dad !!!

The Jeep is on "death row" at Knapp Chevrolet but the circle of life continues. Thanks to my Dad who generously gave us a large amount of GM dollars we were able to use the cash for clunkers program and get this new Aveo 1LT. If it were not for the GM dollars we would not have been able to afford this car. I admit it is not much to look at, but hey it gets 40 MPG! I love it! It is super fun to drive and reminds me of our old black Honda Civic. Thank you DAD!



This car has AC, even though I was willing to go without. Some of you may be thinking that it is irresponsible for us to be buying a car while I am still in law school. THIS IS SMART ECONOMICS, we were able to afford this model because of the GM dollars and we will save more money in gas than the car payment. Additionally the Jeep had 104,637 miles on it and we had never had a major repair. I know that within the next year some major repairs were coming our way. The cost of those repairs would have been close to the cost of this car brand new after factoring in the Cash for Clunkers money we got for the Jeep and the GM dollars. As crazy as it sounds we are SAVING money by buying a new car.

4 comments:

sgriffin.ca said...

Sweet car Joe. Congrats. I'm glad you love it! The exterior looks sharp, interior looks great and not too shabby for a cheap car :-) Who would have thought you could have gotten such a great deal.

It's Been a Day! said...

a very nice car! and with a/c! even better. congrats on the new addition!

Lonna said...

So glad that you went with the A/C I think that you made a great choice. Now do all the kids fit in there with wiggle room?

Kelly said...

So doesn't the Jeep have to be smashed up and none of the parts spared or something like that? I have only heard a little bit about his government incentive. The shiny new car looks great and reliable.