Thursday, August 6, 2009

Ballet Recital and More!


Abby finally finished ballet last week and I am glad it is finally over. After having to wake both girls up from naps twice a week and then having them scream the whole time getting them ready to go and getting there was too much for me. And then half the time we spent half the class going potty even though we went right before leaving home. And the child watch wasn't open during the time of class, which I didn't know when I signed up, so having to watch my other 2 was not so easy always. Anyway it was fun and I think she had a good time even though you would never be able to tell during her dance, but I'm not sure if we are going to do it again or not. It's just way nice because we get 75% off of all classes so I feel bad not putting her in it. But for their costume...they let them use butterfly wings (not the coolest costume) but I guess they didn't care. Anyway since Joe is working right by us now, he was able to take his lunch and come and brought her a dozen roses. She also had lots of friends come to watch her as well, which was so nice of them! (Maybe at some point I'll download the video to this post, but not now)

Checking herself out in the mirror! typical

Abby and Molly getting ready to perform...the most fun girls in the class for sure!


AND in other news...
we spent the past weekend at my older brother's in Ft. Worth for his big 29th birthday. This was the only picture I took. Hannah trying to roller skate in her cousin's clothes, jewelry, and skates. And of course her hair looking great as usual. Awesome.


AND we had a trip to the dentist...
Abby had been so excited to go and then freaked out when we got there which then caused Hannah to do the same...then calmed down and let the hygienist clean her teeth and all, so then of course Hannah let her too. But of course when the dentist came in, they freaked out again, Abby way more so than Hannah, kicking me screaming, flailing arms and all. And then he left and the hygienist asked if she could put fluoride on their teeth...she and Hannah calmed right down and let her. So not sure what the problem was but don't really want to go back any time soon and go through it again. Especially b/c I had Weston in a stroller, who cried for part of this too, and the elevator was broken so I ended up having to carry the stroller up and down 3 flight of stairs. On the way down too, Hannah decided she didn't want to walk down herself either so I had to carry the stroller down each one, then go up and get Hannah and do it all over again 3 times. It was a wonderful trip and to top it off we had Joe's car for the day!

3 comments:

James, Cameo, Jacob, and Eli said...

Wow, sounds like the dentist trip was a nightmare!!! I can't believe you made it through all that. It made me want to go take a nap just reading it - I hope you were able to get a break after all that!! Abby looked adorable in her ballet pictures!

It's Been a Day! said...

we are headed to the dentist soon as well now that we finally have insurance! not sure how avery will react. Pretty sure I'll be bribing her with everything possible! Abby looks so cute in her leotard!

Lonna said...

Ahh the dentist. Not one of the hot spots around here either. Gwen talks about the dentist all the time how she is not going to cry or she is going to make sure to open her mouth really wide...and then we get there and it is all out war to even get her in the chair! So exhausting, and I am always embarrassed that I can't control my kids. But then we leave and I feel like maybe next time will be better.

Abby looks so cute in her little dancing gear, and what a cute photo of her and Joe.