Tuesday, October 20, 2009

My Babies



Abby. My little Miss Independent. She is learning to do so much more on her own now, I kinda feel not so needed anymore. But it's a good thing. She can get her own drinks now, she puts movies in the DVD player, turns on the TV and starts the movie on her own (she pretty much knows how to work our remote)...at the park she and a friend were taking turns pushing each other and has learned to pump on her own. This is a big plus b/c I get so sick of pushing swings, I just wish Hannah would hurry up and catch on. The other day I got out of the shower after telling the girls I needed to hurry so to take care of Weston while I showered. I came out and Abby said, "I'm taking care of Weston, I'm just feeding him." I look over and she's feeding him a bottle. I couldn't get mad at her even if it was total wrong measurements of water and formula, she tries so hard to take care of him. Lately, she has been on an obedience kick and actually listens to what I say (it's a miracle)...I tell her it's time for bed, she goes even if she doesn't go right to sleep, she stays quiet in her bed...and when I've been telling her "No" to things, she responds, "Ok, Mom." Not sure how long it will last, but I am taking advantage of it while I can...I just wish she could teach Hannah the same thing.

Dress up b-day party...red hair...don't recommend trying on a small child (Halloween preview, although most likely minus the hair color)
Hannah...I don't know where to start. She has always been my hardest child. And I feel like she is getting harder every day still. Shouldn't it be getting easier? She can't sit still, is always climbing, falling, getting into something, and tries to annoy her sister. She has a love for shoes except for when I pick them out for her then she wants nothing to do with those ones or screams, "TOO TIGHT." So when do you start letting them pick out their own clothes and shoes? Because I have about given up, just so you know if she isn't matching or wearing random shoes with an outfit, she has won the war...I didn't pick it. But we love her and she has the funniest personality. She really is too funny to be mad at most of the time. She loves to sing...especially when Abby doesn't want her too. I'm thinking she likes to have accidents at home to get more attention b/c I know she knows what she is doing and she never does it when we are out. Something to do with being a middle child maybe? But when she comes up randomly to us and says, "I love you," we say it back, and she says, "No, I love you more," it melts our hearts. I just wish she could have some sense of sensing how I'm feeling and know that when I'm mad or yelling at her to just give in and not just laugh in my face. And can someone tell her she doesn't ALWAYS have to be wearing a princess dress to be a princess. I have quit getting my girls dressed anymore until we are leaving for somewhere b/c their clothes do not stay on for more than 5 minutes at home before changing outfits, or princess dresses. Seriously already.

Her typical home attire


Halloween preview

And Weston...he is growing up way too fast. I don't know if it's because I have 3 now or what, but it has just zoomed by, he'll be 6 months in a week. And I don't know if it's because he's my only boy or what, but I can't ever seem to get enough of him. And now that he is sleeping 12-14 hours straight most nights makes it even better. His spitting up is still a huge issue but it seems like the past few days have been much better, but who knows, I'm not getting my hopes up. And his sisters adore him, even Hannah has started being so affectionate toward him lately. He loves his bath time, his johnny jump up, and is loving food so far. He is just such an easy baby for the most part anyway, but maybe it's just because he came after Hannah, I needed a good baby.


I know I already posted this one, but I fixed some things and it's my new favorite


My sister in law introduced me to an editing website a while back and I just now tried it and now I'm addicted. So I may have gone a little over board on some of these but it's just too fun not to.

I'm not really sure why I did this post. Maybe lately I just have realized how much my family means to me and how much I love them. Maybe it's just my way of procrastinating things I really need to be doing. And I keep telling myself I am going to get our blog printed at the end of each year as our family journal/photo album, I just have yet to do it so far after 2 1/2 years. Someday! In other news, Joe just got a job up here in The Woodlands that could potentially work out to be a permanent job after he graduates. He also has an interview in San Antonio in a few weeks for Air Force Jag. And I get to tag along for it and we get to go on our own again thanks to my mom for being willing to take my kids for the day. So it seems there IS light at the end of the tunnel, one more semester and he will finally be done with school, hopefully for forever.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Congratulations to Joe on his job! I can hardly believe he will only have one more semester after this. Things are going well for your little family. I'm excited for your future together. And you have good reason to be so thankful for and in love with your darling kids, Sierra. They are just the best. You're very blessed! What is the editing website that your sister-in-law told you about? Would it be too hard for me to figure out?

Lonna said...

Oh Abby, what a sweet girl you are. I think that it must be something in the air because Gwen has also been really nice, and slightly more obedient lately too. Sigh.

Hannah what a fun little ball of fire. I think that she is really going to be fun when she is in school. And I can't believe that Weston is going to be 6 months!! Really? Wow, I guess that when you keep as busy as you do that time and kids grow and change like crazy.

Way to go Joe, Do you have a preference on where you want to live? Or what job he gets. What are you going to do when he is done with school? Maybe you will get tired of him being home at regular hours, just kidding.

It's Been a Day! said...

can abby come and teach my kids some lessons? sounds like you have yourself a babysitter already!!

congrats on the job for joe. hope it works out - although i'm secretly hoping that the san antonio one works out so you are closer! looks like things are going well for you guys!!

Kim said...

Wow great news on the job...hope it works out- one of Brian's best friends works for the Navy JAG and loves it (he's stationed in Guam right now).