Last weekend we went to Austin to leave the kids with my parents while me and Joe went to San Antonio to his Air Force Jag interview. Going in with no information, I learned a ton from 9-5 watching the Jags and listening to their thoughts and experiences with the Air Force. It is very competetive though, they were telling us less than 20 out of 1000 get in, so we'll wait and see what happens now...
Saturday while my parents went to a funeral, we decided to hit up the mall. I didn't know Santa came before Thanksgiving but apparently he does, in Austin anyway, and it's the best time because there is no line at all. Last year we had no luck with Santa and my girls. We weren't planning on seeing Santa but we saw him and of course the girls acted like they really wanted to see him until we actually got up there. But I got Weston out of the stroller and he decided to be perfect up there with Santa. Santa wasn't looking but at least Weston was.

So then Abby decided to try while Hannah just ran around all the decorations laughing. Hannah never did sit in his lap but she did play with his hat and laugh with him. That was further than I ever expected.
It was a great weekend with great food, free babysitting, swimming, playing games, and relaxing. We got home late Sunday night and on the way Joe was pulled over and given a speeding ticket. Then yesterday I stepped in an ant bed after picking up a toy that was covered in ants. Now I know why my kids cry when they get one little ant bite. Oh and I washed my phone in the washing machine. Actually I didn't wash it, I realized it was in there and got it out as soon as it was filled with water. I did get it to start working again today but not sure how long it will last. So we'll see how the rest of the week goes...

4 comments:
Gwen is totally freaked out by any ants because of just such encounters as the one you had.
I am sorry about your phone, and the ticket, Ick! But congrats on the Santa visit. Brilliant idea to go even before Thanksgiving. I love that little picture of Weston with him. And way to go Abby for being so brave too. What mall was that, Barton creek, or Lakeline? Good luck on the Jag interview I hope it turns out well for you.
we went to santa at the barton creek mall last year. i had to run to the mall yesterday at lakeline so we ran down to see if santa was there. we got about 30 feet away and both kids were fine standing there and looking at him! no lap for my kids so i'm impressed with abby! glad you got to spend a day with just joe. how fun.
That's a realistic looking Santa. Your kids are the cutest.
I like the new background you chose for the holidays.
Post a Comment