Tuesday, December 29, 2009

8 Months


(His new favorite toy from Christmas)

Weston now has reached his 8 month mark as of yesterday. I spent part of the day in the doctor's office with all three sick kids so I got his weight too.

17 lb. 3 oz.

He has a double ear infection and has had it now for over 2 weeks and it has just gotten much worse since. He also has a sinus infection, a horrible cough, and the poor guy has no voice either. He is my loud, talkative, smiley boy and now he's a mute. It is the saddest thing ever. But I'm hoping it will be back by tomorrow since it's been 3 days now. (Hannah also has an ear infection, and a sinus infection. Abby has a sinus infection and a horrible cough where she has to hold her head b/c she says it hurts so bad every time and she can't sleep b/c she coughs so much).

But Weston is doing great besides that and trying to be happy even though he must be miserable. He is now crawling on all fours finally instead of his scooting all over the place. He sits up from crawling now and is pulling himself up onto things occasionally. So I guess it's time to figure out what to do with the all the girls' little stuff that's everywhere still. And he still loves to bounce like crazy even when he isn't in his johnny jump up. He also says "Dada" constantly but has started saying "Mama" as well, just not as often. Not sure that he actually knows what he is saying but we like to pretend he does. And no teeth for him yet either. I keep getting told that's a good thing but my girls got them at 7 months and I thought that was late. So we'll see how long it takes for his little teeth to come in. I got him to slowly start eating green veggies by themselves at times. So that is some major progress for us. But he isn't a huge fan of baby food anymore, he prefers the real stuff and I can't eat anywhere around him or he's on his way to me with his mouth open and whining for food. And it's really hard for me to say "no" to him, even though I really hate sharing my food.

Like I always say, we just can't get enough of him. We love having him around and feel so lucky and blessed that he is part of our family.

Here's my little man last night without a voice. I rarely can get him to hold still anymore, he's either crawling or trying to stand with his hands on the ground. And then here he is this morning, I finally captured him crying hard....so sad!




1 comment:

Callie. said...

how awful! It's bad enough when one is sick, but all three? Wow. I am sure I will go through that too though. Weston is so cute and chubby; I can't wait to have another baby crawling around. But after that I think I will be done too! :)