Friday, March 19, 2010

Weston's First Hair Cut

Weston received his first haircut March 14, 2010. It was a sad day. I have no attachments to hair normally but this was different. When we got back from our cruise my mom told me she thought it was time for Weston to get a trim, which I totally agreed on a "trim." Well I was busy getting back to normal life and we both forgot until she was home. So we were at a friend's for dinner (who happens to do hair as well) and I said he needed a haircut. She told me she wouldn't do it b/c of the very thing that happened. Joe decided he would just use her trimmer/buzzer/not sure on the correct name at the time. So I agreed to it when I obviously wasn't paying attention. Next thing I know, he was shaving his head on a #4 and he started right down the middle and all of a sudden all this hair was everywhere. My girls' first haircuts are like 10 short pieces of hair taped together. Poor Weston filled a whole ziplock bag. It was sad for me. He looks older and now with no hair. But I have to say it has already started growing back and his hair obviously doesn't stop him from being his cute self. So hopefully for Easter pictures he'll have some hair back.

So excited at first...


Then a little worried...maybe he saw my face...


The next morning...he was still happy about it...unlike me

2 comments:

James, Cameo, Jacob, and Eli said...

He is so adorable!! I love that middle picture - his eyes are so big and round - precious!!

Lonna said...

I can more than relate to this post when we first gave Harrison a hair cut it was supposed to be just a trim as well...turns out James+buzzers=total buzz cut. Not a good look for Harrison. I was really sad and totally embarrassed, but luckily it is hair and does grow back.

I think that Weston looks cute though, not at all what Harrison looked like. He seems so happy all the time, what a cute boy.