Friday, April 30, 2010

The Birthday Boy




Weston is 1! I cannot believe how fast a year has gone by. It seems like yesterday I was pregnant with him! I can't believe how far he has come in the past year either. I thought the reflux and spitting up would never stop and that he would have a life time of ear infections. And all of that is now cleared up, hopefully for good. He can be so happy, and so serious at the same time. I have loved every minute of him and I want him to stay little forever. He is now starting to climb onto things and trying to run, and constantly learning. But he still only has 2 teeth. We have so much fun with him and the girls love that they can actually play "with" him now instead of playing "at" him.


For his birthday on Wednesday, the 28th, we were lucky to have my parents come in town. We had a simple little birthday party for him at our neighborhood's splashpad. It turned out well and was a nice day. Other than me getting sick the night before and all that day, it couldn't have been any better. My mom pretty much did it all for me since I wasn't feeling good, but I'm finally feeling better enough to get caught up on here. He got some awesome presents from awesome people, we had cupcakes, and just played in the water. We got home and he got to open even more presents and then went to bed for the night.


Here are his stats from today:
weight: 18 pounds 8 ounces - 10% (4oz more than Hannah and 1 pound more than Abby at this age)
height: 28.25 inches - 0-5%>
head: 17.5 inches - 10%


I love that my babies are little and will keep them little for as long as possible!


We love him and are excited to see what the future holds for him! Here are some pictures from his birthday!






only picture we got of the cupcakes and it's blurry



he enjoyed his whole cupcake...
opening presents...

he has a great big sister who shows him how to use his toys

Look at those eyes and cute Landon in the background





playing with the day old balloons

1 comment:

Lonna said...

One already! He is so cute and I love his little swim trunks. Looks like a fun party and where did you get those bright cup cakes?

I think the photo of you and Weston over the gate is so cute, you look amazing and I can't believe how long your hair is. It makes me want to grow mine out.

He has such a cute little smile, I am glad that you had such a fun day for his birthday. Hope you get better soon.