Monday, May 17, 2010

The Party

Well it's over...finally! Joe is through with school and graduated. We had his party Friday night and will probably never do a party again. My mom came a week early to help me pack and get ready for the party. She pretty much DID the party but we didn't get any packing done. It seems like way too much work for 2 hours of a party. But it was fun and I'm glad we did it but I never would have been able to do it without my mom. I wanted to cancel it over and over again on Friday because I thought there was no way we could get everything done but she got us through the whole thing. It did pour all night but somehow we got everything inside before it started and got everything out once it had pretty much stopped. So we got lucky. We had tons of food but it ended up working out since my brother and his family and my parents were here to help us eat it all weekend. I'm glad my family could be here for it and glad that Joe is finally finished (well with school anyway). Now we just have to get through the bar and then he will really be finished. Here are some pictures from the party.

The entrance, where the guest book was


The centerpieces

Some of the food...

More decorations...and his gown on the side

His cake

People started to arrive and yes the banner kept falling



Always making time for the kids

One of the pictures from the DVD I created for him (pictures of our family from the past 3 years of school along with all his school events and trips)



Do I look nervous or what? I hate talking in front of people even though I know most of them fairly well


The girls were going to surprise Joe and sing for him, but last minute Abby got too scared. So Hannah did it by herself. I did catch it on video earlier that morning to put on the DVD in case they chickened out. They knew it so well but as soon as people got in front of them or a camera, they either decided to just be silly, or not do it.

Here's the video from earlier that morning of them singing


Tune to "I'm So Glad When Daddy Comes Home"

We're so glad that Daddy's all done,
done with his law school
We're so proud he's worked so hard,
We think that is cool!
Put my arms around his neck,
Hug him tight like this,
Pat his cheeks and give him what? A great big kiss...mmwa

1 comment:

Emilee said...

And it was an AMAZING party! You had it perfect- every detail. It was very Martha-Stewart-esque. Thank goodness for moms! I've decided that we are never too old to need them! And congrats to you both!!