Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Too much for a lifetime; let alone one summer

Where to even start? Let's just say we have had A LOT of change and stress and everything else in the past month or two. And none of us are taking it too well besides Weston, who is happy with pretty much everything.

We moved and have no permanent place to live as of now, until we aren't sure when. We have lost Joe for most of the summer to work and studying in Houston while we are in Austin. Abby cries almost every night for "daddy" and is having some major issues right now. Hannah likes to just take it out in screaming and going crazy. And me, I'm not sure what I do.

3 weeks ago I went to the doctor for an issue I was having and found out that I was pregnant. It was a huge surprise in many ways. It took us a while to get used to the idea but we started getting excited. And when I found out, I was told I was already over 11 weeks. So b/c of all the stress and stuff going on the past couple months I hadn't even thought that that was a possibility and then finding out I was almost finished with my first trimester and due right after Christmas was just crazy. Because of my issues, I was told I needed a more high tech ultrasound. Well being in Austin most of the time makes it difficult to go back to Houston every time I have a doctor appointment. So I scheduled it for the day of the Eclipse midnight showing so I could do that at the same time and make other appointments as well. My mom kept the kids in Austin so I didn't have to find babysitters for everything. Well I showed up to the ultrasound, and last minute, Joe found a way to come with me. Long story shortened (but still long), I lost the baby at 13 weeks b/c I had a subchrionic hemorrhage which was too big and ended up pulling the placenta away from the baby. So I ended up having to stay longer to get a d&c and resting. It changed my week a little as well as my mom's. But what I can say is that I am grateful Joe ended up coming with me to the ultrasound last minute...and it was his 2 busiest days of work b/c he took July off to finish studying for the bar. I am grateful that his job let him be with me for all the time I needed him while I was there. I am grateful it happened when it did b/c it was the last day that they said the baby was small enough for a d&c...which I don't think I could have handled the alternatives. Our awesome friends', Mandy and Jimmy, who I always talk about, got us a hotel for 2 nights so we could be alone during it all and I could rest, and brought me a cooler full of goodies. And the crazy thing is, she just had the same thing happen to her 3 weeks prior to mine. So she knew exactly what I needed and what I was going through.

Joe was able to drive me back to Austin the next day and stay with us for the whole weekend, which was awesome, and so nice to have him around for a few days. I came back to Austin and went to the dentist and found out I needed all kinds of work done and have been there 3 business days in a row now, but now have a break for 3 more weeks until I get my permanent crown put on. On top of all of it, our insurance deductible is super super high, and only if there were something major would we even reach it in a year (and that doesn't even include dental). So let's just say I'm pretty much now at my deductible plus all the dental stuff. Awesome timing, now that Joe isn't even working at the moment.

Anyway now that that's out, this is not supposed to be a pity post. Really. We get to go see Joe and all our friends tomorrow back in Houston. And as soon as we get back, me and the girls are headed to California for 2 1/2 weeks to see Joe's family. And when we get back....Joe will be FINISHED with the bar and we can have him back. We cannot wait! So really the summer is going by really fast and soon this time will be long behind us.

Our camera has been in the shop for a while now, but my sister in law took some pictures over the weekend for me. So here are a few. Everyone swam a lot of over the weekend. And for the 4th, we went to the Hill Country Galleria and got the girls' faces painted, played, ate, and watched the fireworks. It was a lot of fun and something different that we haven't done before.

too much work to put them in order tonight...

they wanted red, white, and blue, sparkly butterflies...and this is what they got



Weston loves balls


swimming...

these girls love their dad and couldn't leave him alone the whole time he was here

Abby has become quite the little fish...she now can jump and dive in without floaties and swim the width of the pool

love seeing this face

Joe and his diving


Hannah has become a little more afraid since she had a little incident where she thought she could jump in with a tube around her and thought she would stay floating instead of going right through the tube...so she prefers playing around now and keeping floaties on always
Weston playing with the trains at the Austin Children's Museum
playing at the museum with cousins
Our sparkly toes...a lady came to my parents' house to do them...I hate my feet but I thought the girls' looked so cute


More at the museum

12 comments:

Joel and Sara said...

So sorry about the stress. We have had the same issue with health insurance and dentists. It is really stressful. We haven't had a job or money since Oct 09 it's really really hard and frustrating!What a bummer about the baby that is always so so hard no matter how far along you are! I'm glad Joe made it!

Jasmyn said...

Oh, Sierra - I'm so sorry to hear about the baby. Even if you weren't expecting to get pregnant, that's always hard to lose a baby.

Sorry for all the stress with Joe being out of town too - I'm glad you guys will all be together soon!

Love and miss you!
Jasmyn

simple mom/wife said...

Sierra, I'm so sorry that you have been going through so many huge things! I'm keepin' ya in my prayers--I know too well about those things. Can't wait until Joe is back for good and you get a constant in you life!!!

Emilee said...

Oh my goodness... that is WAY too much separation/sorrow/doctor/dentist stress for 1 summer. How wonderful that you get to be with your parents and that you'll see Joe this weekend. I remember enduring a trial once and I received good advice from a friend, "This too shall pass". Good luck!

Jayson & Megan said...

I'm sorry to hear about all of the stress, chaos, and disappointment. I hope your doing better. We'll keep you guys in our prayers.

Kim said...

Yowza- that's a lot you've gone through in so little time...best wishes to Joe on the bar! He's almost done!!!

Dawn said...

Your blog title is right on the money! Holy moly you've had way toooooo much going on this summer! We miss you down here. I'm glad you'll be together again soon. Best of luck to Joe on the bar and you handling everything else!!

Lonna said...

I am so glad that you have your family around when you need them, what a difference that makes. I hope that you have a nice and less stressful time in CA. And how exciting that when you get home you will have a husband again. What a treat that will be.

I hope that we get the chance to see you, but we know you are crazy busy, and understand if that doesn't happen, but let me know if you need anything when you get back.

Kelly said...

Sierra, I am so sorry about your miscarriage and all the other concerns. It was so good to see you, as always, and I wish you the best for the rest of the summer. {{Big hugs!}}

Good luck to Joe on his exam!

Brandon and Jenn said...

So sorry to hear the news about your miscarriage. I hope things turn around for your little family soon. You've had quite a run of bad luck. Enjoy your trip to California-- the beach is always a good idea! I hope to see you back in Houston soon.

Kate, Josh & Sydney said...

Hi Si! I can't believe how long it's been since we talked! I'm sorry about all the stressful stuff that's been going on with you--it all seems to happen at once sometimes. Your family is just so adorable. Say Hi to Joe for me. Miss you!

Kate

James, Cameo, Jacob, and Eli said...

Wow! You've had quite the summer!! I can't believe all the craziness. I also can't believe that you and Mandy went through the same getting pregnant surprisingly and then losing the babies at the same time - you two were meant for each other!! I hope you both make it through without too much sorrow. Good luck with everything.