Monday, August 23, 2010

The Past Couple of Weeks

We've been staying with our awesome friends, while looking for a house and deciding what we are going to do with ourselves now that Joe is no longer in school (although waiting for the bar results) could possibly be worse than all 3 years of law school combined, that and not having a place to live....but we have such great friends making sure we are well taken care of, not sure we could have done any of this without them. On second thought, I know we couldn't have.

Abby got sick about 2 weeks ago and once I finally got her to the doctor she tested positive for mono. It was pretty sad. She had a high fever for about 4 whole days and threw up nothing quite a bit, and was exhausted and tired. She is still tired and more whiny than usual but I guess it may take a couple more weeks before feeling completely back to normal.

The girls started ballet and tap last week. Hannah took a minute to actually go in but once she did she loved every minute of it. Abby loves it as well and did awesome and is in the 5-6 year old class since she'll be 5 next month. But even being the youngest and littlest, she is able to keep up with the rest of the class. I decided to split them up since they are so used to doing everything together, I figured it was time they started learning to do things without each other always there.

Then Joe got sick, possibly mono since it was the same symptoms, but he has seemed to get over it quickly if that's what it was. And now I'm afraid Hannah may have the same thing. So once she gets it I think we should be done with it as long as I don't get it. We are pretty sure that's what Weston had while we were in California now too, so we think he won't be getting it again since supposedly once you get it you don't get it again.

I got to go with Joe Saturday night to the Chamber of Commerce's Chairman's Ball with the rest of his firm and their spouses. It was so much fun. I was really excited because I thought it was going to be a formal event, but this year the theme was rock 'n roll or black tie optional. So of course the firm chose to dress up rock 'n roll. But it turned out to be a lot of fun getting a costume together. They chose to dress up as Guns N Roses and the girls were supposed to be groupies. But of course Mandy knew just how to dress me up and get me ready. Anyway here's our pictures from the night.

Yep, we took the mini van dressed like this...Joe couldn't find his keys. Enjoy Joe in his eyeliner, he sure enjoyed it


The Strong firm plus spouses!


And today my oldest baby started preschool again for the 3rd year. She got accepted into the pre-k program at the elementary school, where they go half day every day. I was so excited about her to start. The past two years she has been in an awesome preschool done by a friend from church at her home twice a week for 3 hours. And kindergarten here is all day so this year should be easing her in to go to all day kindergarten next year. But today when I got up I got so sad all of a sudden thinking about taking her to school. She would have lunch at school and be gone everyday even if it wasn't all day. It has started. She is only going to be gone more and more from here on out. I was such a wus and balled the whole way after dropping her off. Silly. She has gone to preschool for 2 years and I've never shed a tear, but today was different for some reason. She just seemed all grown up. When I asked her what she wanted in her lunch, she asked if she could make her own sandwich. I mean seriously where did the last 5 years of my life go so fast? I mean it's so nice watching her become more independent but sad at the same time at how fast her life is going already. Anyway she loved school, and her teacher, so hopefully if I can grow up a little bit, she should have a great year ahead of her.

And while she was at school, the rest of us met my dad for lunch. He was in town for a meeting and was able to get lunch with us before flying back out. I meant to take a picture but forgot. But we were so glad to get to see him for the 45 minutes we were with him and Abby was heartbroken when she found out she missed him while she was at school.

And Hannah starts preschool next week but of course at opposite times as Abby once again. So I will probably be spending the majority of the days in the car from now on.

And then we are off to New Braunfels for the weekend to have a weekend to relax.



Hannah in tap (second to the last at the end, blk and pink leo)


Abby on the end in tap class


Abby ready to go to her first day of school... she insisted on wearing jeans and her new shirt today...so I let her even though it was over 100 degrees when I picked her up

In front of the school



She just looked so small to be at this big school, I think that was most of my problem today


4 comments:

Kelly said...

Wow, you packed a lot in one post! Your girls look so dang adorable in their dance clothes and I'm sure they are loving it. You're right about Abby looking so little for that big school! It's wild to picture her there a half day every day.

You and Joe look hysterically cool in your ball costumes. What a fun night that looked like.

My fingers are still crossed for Joe's bar exam results. I hope he passes!

Your blog looks really cute like this, by the way.

simple mom/wife said...

My favorites the firm pictures . . . you guys play the role well! :)

Lonna said...

I like that you played right into the groupie role, how funny. You make me laugh.

I am sorry to hear that everyone has been sick on top of not even having your own home to recoup in. I hope you have seen the last of the sickies for awhile.

Love the girls in their dance classes, they are so cute in the leotards and also looking so grown up. I can't believe that Abby is off to school, and wanting to make her own lunches too. Where does the time go? I hope that you have a fun and relaxing trip and that you do get to relax. Sounds like you are going to be plenty busy when you get home.

Kate, Josh & Sydney said...

She does look so cute and tiny in front of that school! I think I will feel the same way when Sydney goes to school--even though some days I just can't wait for that day to come. :) Miss you,