HE PASSED!! Results were posted yesterday, and he passed! He is now an official attorney. http://www.ble.state.tx.us/Results/pass_0710.htm
(so we have no recent pictures of Joe) this was from our cruise back in March but for some reason I love this picture
I am so proud of him. Not only did he pass the first time but he was one of the few who actually work all through law school and at times he had up to 3 jobs and worked full time his last semester as well. He started school with Hannah being a newborn, and then we had Weston during finals his second year. He was away from us for 3 months in Mexico his first summer, and away from us after he graduated so he could study. We were homeless and went through a lot this last summer. He limped into the bar exam after almost cutting off his toe and having it all stitched up. It has been a crazy last 3 years. But we have been blessed tremendously!
I am so glad it is all over though now and we can move on. He has a great job with a great firm, close to home, and is actually home much more than he ever was during school. I know so many people who said law school is just getting us prepared to have him gone just as much or more. But it hasn't been like that for us. He works 60-65 hours a week still but it seems like he is home so much more than when he was in school full time, studying, and working full time. He always makes time for his family and is always willing to be home if I ever have anything planned.
He got sworn in today already to get the paperwork and everything going, but is planning on getting sworn in in the official one in Austin on November 22! We couldn't be more excited!
And we also closed on our house yesterday. It is finished! We finally have a home and can settle down! We are so grateful for all of the love and support we have had the past 3 years to help us get through from our wonderful friends and family! We couldn't have done it without you!



8 comments:
what a ride you have been on. it seems like yesterday when we were at red robins talking about joe studying for the bar and you being homeless. how quickly things have changed, and for the better! couldn't be happier for you guys! now we really can start planning your vacation down here! haha :-)
Congrats y'all! Russell and I breathed a huge sigh of relief yesterday when we found out he passed as well. Whew!!! Hopefully we'll see you in Austin on the 22nd!
Yeah, so happy for you guys!
Congratulations! What a wonderful accomplishment and relief!
Congratulations!!!! That is huge and I'm sooo happy for you two!!! You enjoy it so much because of all the hard work!!!
congrats to joe and to you, sierra! That's such great news. So happy for your family.
Yeah!! Congratulations!! It's got to feel so nice to be on to this next stage of life. I hope all continues to go well for you!
I'm really excited that Joe is not an official attorney and that you're now home owners and blessed with three wonderful children. You are all awesome and deserve it! I couldn't be more happy for you! Yay, Joe! Way to support him along the way, Sierra!
Post a Comment