Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Ice Skating (and Weston)

Not that I don't have a million things to do and to get done today, but I decided to use my best talent (sitting and playing on the computer and procrastinating the "should be doing" list).

Joe's firm sponsors the ice skating rink in The Woodlands that they put up every year. We got to go to the special preview sponsor event last night with the firm and clients. It was a lot of fun. Great food, hot chocolate, chocolate fountain, etc. We decided to only bring the girls and to leave Weston. We actually felt really guilty about this since it was a family event and we felt bad leaving him out. But we did and I'm glad we did now. It would have been way too hard to help the girls with him there. But the firm got season passes so I'm sure we will be going again and I'm sure we will bring Weston one of those times. And I'm sure he would love it. Last night just wasn't the night for him.

The girls with Frosty!
The girls loved it. Abby didn't even care if we were on the rink with her by the end. She wanted to be out there as much as possible. She tried to go as fast as possible. Hannah didn't like falling and feeling cold or not having someone right next to her at all times. But they had so much fun, we'll have to go back soon.



Joe with Abby practicing in the little rink first. By the end she dropped the walker and did it without in the little rink.

They didn't have skates small enough for Hannah so she strapped on the double bladed buckles to her shoes. It was much better than trying to skate in huge skates.

Bad picture...but Hannah loved Joe pushing her fast...they looked so cute, the picture didn't really work out but still.




And a video of Abby doing a lap around the rink...


But not to leave Weston out completely, I do have pictures...of him getting into stuff.

Here he is, he found toast with nutella on the counter and decided he would just move the stool over and have it for himself.

And here he is getting into my really messy, unorganized arts/crafts (things that are supposed to be out of reach) cupboard. (same day). Not so out of reach for this kid. And after going through my bathroom cupboards and throwing and shattering nail polish, I decided it was time to do a little more child proofing. And I got an oven lock, if that makes you feel any better about me taking care of my son.


And here he is being his cute self ready for church.

No comments: