Monday, November 22, 2010

Fun Run and Thanksgiving Feast

Abby's school did a FunRun as their fundraiser this year. They sent home information on it and wanted you to have people pledge a dollar amount per lap she ran. It said they would be running between 25-35 laps. That seemed like a little much for Abby to run since she just turned 5. Anyway I was lucky enough to get to go watch her. Although it was not a full lap around a track, I felt like it was a lot for my little 5 year old. But she did awesome! She ran at least 75% of the time and even sprinted a lot of that. She loves to run, but seriously for 40 minutes. I was tired by the end of it and I wasn't even running.
And I'm so proud of her for wearing that huge shirt. The last time we put a shirt on her that size she went crazy. It's funny to see the things they do for other people.
After the run, her class had their Thanksgiving Feast. She had fun. And then I got to take her home early to spend the rest of the day with us.
Look closely in this one, she is coming out from under the blow up thing. They ran with the 2nd graders so I am pretty sure she was the smallest one out there. The announcer announced they had 5 minutes left so she picked up her pace a little. And one time she was coming through the blow up thing, she saw kids from her class sitting against the wall of it inside. She went up to them and said loudly enough that I heard from where I was, "You guys need to keep going, we have 5 (gesturing 5) minutes left. They just said we have 5 minutes, you need to get up." Right after I saw about 3 kids stand up and follow behind her. It was pretty funny.
I said I wanted to take her picture and here was her pose

Her class right after the run


Her awesome pilgrim bonnet, enjoying her food

No comments: