Again Joe's firm sponsored another awesome event so we were able to have a fun Saturday getting into the Christmas Spirit. They turned on the lights to all the doves around and it was the International Winter on the Waterway. It was so pretty and so Christmas-y. Santa came in by boat, there were fireworks, live music, live entertainment, children's' crafts everywhere, vendors selling things, snow boxes for the kids to play in and help them be thankful we don't live in a place where it snows, bouncy blow up things, ice carvings, yummy food, snow machines blowing snow on you, and great company. We were able to go early, during the sponsor time, so we didn't have to fight the crowd. There was a sponsor tent with awesome food that we got to eat all we wanted. But during that time, a lot of people were still setting up so our kids enjoyed the snow for a long time before it got busy. But they were ready to be done once it got too cold and they got wet, but it was fun for them to play in for a little while.
On our way back to the car, Weston got more scared than I have seen any of my children. It was about the funniest thing ever. Too long of story and kind of a "had to be there" moment, but I still laugh thinking about it. He was so scared he was screaming, not paying attention to where he was going because he was trying to run away so fast, he ran right into a big thing of bushes. I'm just grateful those bushes were there because on the other side of them is the waterway.
Then we decided to go home for a little while and rest up before we went back to see the night time activities there.That is when we had a great dinner, shaved ice that you put the flavoring on yourself, yummy fried oreos (still thinking about them), watched Santa ride in, listened to some music, went to the different international booths, made some crafts, played with the ice carvings, jumped in the bouncy houses, and enjoyed the fireworks. These are horrible pictures but it was so pretty, and the pictures don't do it justice.
The trees border the whole waterway and they are so pretty all lit up






2 comments:
Sounds like Joe is working for an awesome firm!
You guys do so many fun things. I love that they had a snow machine and ice sculptures for the kids to see and feel. That is really neat.
Your kids look so much older, I think that it has been too long since we have seen you. I got your darling Christmas card today, so cute and surprising too! Congrats. You have had quite the year for sure. I can't wait to hear how you are doing this time around.
If you are heading this way during the holidays please let me know I would love to catch up some more.
Post a Comment