Sunday, January 16, 2011

Bowling, Butterflies, Potty Prep, and Donuts

I found a great coupon for bowling last weekend, so we decided to make it a family event. It was a lot of fun but 1 game is plenty of time for us to be there. Not great pictures, but they had a good time.

don't worry, she had plenty of time to pose for the picture after she threw the ball...and it's still going


Abby feeling quite proud of herself





And Abby got a butterfly garden for Christmas. We have really enjoyed watching baby caterpillars turn into cocoons and now they are starting to hatch into butterflies. It has been a learning and fun experience for all of us.
No pictures as caterpillars...didn't think of it in the week it took to get to this stage.

And one hatched...the darker the cocoon, the closer it is to hatching



our make shift food for them (wadded tissue with sugar water on a paper plate) until we go get flowers for them tomorrow


and the little red you see in the picture above and below...that is meconium...yep



Also, Weston has found an interest in the potty lately. So he got a nice new football potty seat and has used it successfully a few times now. I have not started potty training and not sure when I'll be ready too, but I'm letting him get acquainted with the idea for now. But one night I couldn't get a diaper back on him without him screaming and going crazy so I decided he could try out his new undies that he got for Christmas. He loved them! So here he is showing them off.



Many Saturdays since we have lived here, we have enjoyed Saturday mornings at the donut place. As you can see, we go pretty casual. But yesterday, the kids were awesome...so we took pictures of them eating and watching the donuts be made.


2 comments:

sgriffin.ca said...

Oh the sweet smell of donuts -- the girls must too by the smiles on their faces (-:

Lonna said...

What!! You are ready to potty train Weston! Oh Sierra I think that I need your help with Harrison then. He is now three and totally NOT interested in the potty at all.
Maybe I will send him to hang out with Weston and see if he feels lame wearing a diaper while Weston sports underwear.

Love the butterfly garden what a great idea. You sure do keep busy.