I've been a slacker lately and not blogged, so I thought I'd sum up the whole month in one post.
My birthday was Superbowl Sunday. Joe made me my favorite breakfast, biscuits and gravy, and we had some friends over to watch the Superbowl. It was an enjoyable day, minus that I woke up feeling kinda crappy. But the day before I was given lots of gift cards for decorations and things for the house. So we had a fun day shopping for stuff for our house. Oh and we got a couple walls painted for part of my birthday as well. We are finally starting to get somewhere I think.
(our walls)


Oh and it froze forever here. It was way too cold for me and for our backflow preventer to our irrigation system. My neighbor came over after our pipes had been shooting water our for a good few hours to let me know something froze and broke off. So that was awesome, not that I hated the cold enough but then to have it freeze forever and break stuff was just one more thing.
I joined a produce co-op, where the food is delivered to someone's house and I just go pick up my basket of food. Although, I guess we are just super unhealthy because it was a little much food for our family to consume in time.
Valentine's weekend Joe's parents came to visit. Abby started getting sick the day they got here and got worse the whole time (flu, and high fever). By Valentine's Day, Joe got it too. Pretty sure I've never seen him as sick as he was. He had the flu as well. So while his parents were here, we didn't get to do much besides go to some good restaurants, and a tea party at Pottery Barn Kids with the girls.
Joe's dad helped us finally get an outlet in our toilet room so our toilet seat cord doesn't have to have an extension cord through the whole bathroom. Weston really wanted to help too.

That weekend we headed up to Dallas to go to the BYU vs. TCU basketball game, and to see my brother's family (minus my brother, since he was away working). Saturday we woke up and I was starting to feel worse, but ok still. We got to have lunch with a great friend from home and then headed up to the game where I got to see so many people from Plano and Austin. But as the day went on, I progressively got worse and worse. We decided to go home straight from the game instead of staying another night. By the time we stopped for dinner, I was freezing, had the chills, and I'm pretty sure a fever. It was horrible. And it just kept getting worse as the days went on to the point it was in my chest and I was having a hard time breathing well, so I didn't get much sleep at all. One night we were watching house, where someone had just coughed up a lung, and I was pretty sure that was going to be me anytime. I finally went to the doctor(s), thanks to some great friends who watched my kids all day long while I was there. I had the flu and got lots of meds, and an inhaler to help me breathe and sleep again.
The kids in their new BYU shirts, ready to cheer on our Cougars
all the kids we went with... and I think it's funny, if you look closely you can see the reflection of all 6 of us parents taking pictures and trying to get the kids to smile.
Abby had Texan Day at school, not that we really have a cowboy hat but Weston wanted to wear this one.
And Abby ready for school

I am finally feeling better for the most part...not that you needed to hear my whole long story but that's pretty much where February went for us. And I'm happy that it's finally over and we are doing better and that the weather is now pretty much perfect. And Joe just got back from a business trip to Chihuahua, Mexico a few hours ago. He had to go do a presentation for high up business owners and people who are thinking about investing and coming to Texas, in spanish. So now we are ready for March.

I am finally feeling better for the most part...not that you needed to hear my whole long story but that's pretty much where February went for us. And I'm happy that it's finally over and we are doing better and that the weather is now pretty much perfect. And Joe just got back from a business trip to Chihuahua, Mexico a few hours ago. He had to go do a presentation for high up business owners and people who are thinking about investing and coming to Texas, in spanish. So now we are ready for March.


1 comment:
I like that you don't let the sickies get in the way of your plans...until it is to the point of coughing up a lung. You crack me up Sierra.
I have noticed that there are not any pictures of you lately I think that you should post at least one or two so we can see how things are going.
I love all the fun things that you do. Thanks for the Feb. recap.
Post a Comment