I can't believe my baby boy is 2. It really is hard to believe. And I've always had an infant when each of the girls turned 2. So this was different since I still have a month left.
We love Weston. He cracks us up and he knows it and thinks he is so cool. He'll do something funny or weird and once someone starts laughing, he continues trying to be funny until people aren't paying attention to him anymore. His favorite things by far are bubbles, ball (mostly just footballs and basketballs), and horses. He points out the horses over and over every day as we pass them on the street and have them going through our neighborhood. He gets so excited. He seems so serious in so many pictures but is so not a serious kid. He definitely loves being the center of attention.
No party this year. I'm too tired and too cheap. I did, however, make a cake, which may be the last cake I ever make. I get way too frustrated with baking, sewing, pretty much anything domestic...that it's usually better if I just stay away from it altogether especially at this point in my pregnancy.
We didn't do a whole lot of anything exciting during the day. Since he's my 3rd kid, I've learned they still have no clue at this age and to be thankful and take full advantage of it. Joe came home early from work, he (mostly the girls) opened presents, we went to Chuck E. Cheese as a family, and came home to cake and ice cream and went to bed too late.
But I think he had a fun day getting the attention, although he had to wait about 24 hours to play with any of his toys since we got home so late and left early the next morning for the zoo. And he loves Chuck E. Cheese especially the small horse carousel, skee ball, and the basketball games.
He knows to say, "cheese" as soon as the camera is out but hasn't figured out that you are supposed to look at the camera and smile too. But we are working on it.
Friday we went to the zoo for Hannah's preschool field trip. The way there took me almost twice as long as it normally does, and then I got there and drove around trying to find parking for 30 minutes. It was horrible, I never knew they could have the whole zoo parking lot filled with tons of cars lining up to find spots with no spots left. Finally after being way too stressed and frustrated about the whole thing, thought, "I'm either just going to go back home and forget the whole thing, or park illegally, and hope to get away with it." After talking to Joe and making sure I at least wouldn't get towed, I parked illegally and sure enough got a ticket. So so much for having our zoo membership to get in for free since I spent a ton in gas and a parking ticket. But it was fun and I'm glad we stayed, just completely exhausted by the time I got home and haven't quite recovered yet.
The sun was in the way for this one but I thought the picture was cute of all of them so it's on here anyway
The birthday boy
I know it's not that pretty, but like I said I get way too frustrated and am no where near a perfectionist. The lines are way off, but he loved it anyway. And now I know again the reason I like to buy the cakes.
He had already gotten into the black lines frosting, hence the black drool
and it ended as a success
playing with the new legos and table
The zoo...for once we finally saw the bear moving instead of laying and sleeping in a corner somewhere
Their favorite part this trip...being able to brush the goats

1 comment:
The cake turned out cute! Don't give up on making your own, you did great. He is so adorable, and I can hardly believe he is two. What a handsome little guy. How very blessed you and Joe have been, Sierra.
Post a Comment