Last weekend, we were lucky, and Joe's firm had their first annual retreat weekend. This year it was in San Antonio at The Westin La Cantera Resort. It was amazing. We had our own little casita and our own golf cart to take back and forth to the main hotel.
My parents were so nice and willing to take care of all my kids -including Audrey. And I was worried about leaving Audrey and she ended up being the one that slept the longest at night every night. Hannah and Weston both went with bad colds and fevers and my parents were awesome.
My parents happened to be down here before we left, for a doctor appointment, and so they went home a day before we were leaving, and offered to take all the kids then. But I felt bad enough already having her watch all 4 of them, but I guess not that bad, since I let her take the 2 girls early, and then 2 of them were sick the whole time. Anyway they had a girls' day that day and got to go to a movie, get a manicure and pedicure, and swim, and just have fun with the girls, while I was home with Weston and Audrey trying to get stuff packed and ready.
While at our house still...loving Papa and all his technology
I ended up not taking one picture the whole weekend, but we had a great time and a good relaxing break. I had a lot of fun getting to know the people Joe works with and their significant others better. I love that he works with such fun people and how close they all are. I even got to meet up with one of my best friend's from high school, who just had her first baby 11 days before Audrey. It was so nice to catch up and see her again.
My mom has never been a "picture taker" but thanks to her iphone, I got all kinds of pictures from her this time from while we were gone. My kids had a blast and we are so grateful to have my parents always so willing to help out and give us a little break sometimes.
Here's some of the pictures I got while I was gone.
Girls' Day
Dress up
Holding a stick bug bravely
Papa playing with Audrey
Typical Weston stuff
**Oh and did I mention while we were gone, Joe found out that he was nominated and now "officially" the chairman of the Hispanic Chamber....So proud of him! Oh and also did I mention that he just got us a new dishwasher and oven/stove. Oh and they are way nicer than the ones we had. And all for free! We got the oven installed on Monday and Saturday I will have my new dishwasher. Who knew I could be so excited over appliances!
2 years ago

1 comment:
The resort looks amazing and sounds like so much fun!! I'm so happy you and Joe were able to get away together :) I loved the pictures of your cute girls getting their toes and nails done. It makes me so excited for my baby girl to arrive :)
Post a Comment