
Audrey is now 2 months old as of this past Sunday. I can't believe it! I'm really trying to enjoy every day with her since I know she is the last, so I keep thinking I will never have a newborn again, so enjoy every minute of it. Her sleeping has gone down hill a little, not too much, but more than I would prefer. She was on average going 9-11 hours on average from the time she was about 6-8 weeks. But this past week it's been exactly 8 hrs and occasionally a few minutes beyond. And it's killing me. When she goes to bed between 8:30-9:30, it means she's up by 5 or 5:30. Most of the time I can get her to go back to bed but occasionally she doesn't. It does help me get up and going early though which has been kinda nice.

**Last night she went 10 hours again. So nice...let's hope she can keep it up for good this time.
Audrey and Lincoln...best friends that haven't been able to see much of each other lately. But look how cute they are together.
they haven't noticed each other yet
now they can't get their eyes off each other
all wrapped up ready for bed
She had her 2 month check up and the doctor was impressed by how much she weighed, consdiering she lost so much in the beginning and wasn't gaining quickly. I think the switch to formula has helped a ton! Funny that I just looked up what the rest of my babies weighed at 2 months and she is the smallest out of all of them but the 2nd biggest at birth.
weight: 9lb 9 oz. (18%)
height: 21.75 in. (25%)
head: 14.76 in. (17%)
I'm sure people probably think she's a boy when she doesn't have a bow in after noticing in most of my pictures, she has on blue or green, her blue blanket, and her blue carseat...I guess I'm just staying away from the typical pink this time around and love having all the fun colors to dress her in.
She smiles all the time now when you look or talk to her and is finally starting to talk some.
She's been in her crib now since the day after my mother-in-law left...so she was almost 5 weeks. I figured she had only gotten up once a night since she was born, it wouldn't be that bad to go upstairs to her room one time a night. That's the longest any of our kids have been in our room.
Audrey rolled over at a week from her tummy to back, which has been the same as the rest of the kids. She hasn't rolled the other way yet, she just rolls to her side from her back.
She does enjoy being held more than being anywhere else though. She hates having a messy diaper, and doesn't enjoy her car seat too much unless we are driving.
I was going through old pictures working on something the other day when I noticed how much Audrey and Hannah look alike as babies so far. I thought it at birth but then I didn't notice it much. But wow, they look alike. It's kind of funny how Weston and Abby (my 1st and 3rd) looked so much alike as babies and now Audrey and Hannah (2nd and 4th).
(I'll do comparison pictures at some point)
Other than her....me
I'm still not completely back to normal which is driving me crazy at this point. I mean come on it's been 9.5 weeks already. One thing different this time is that I haven't been able to wear my wedding ring. I've always been able to wear it up til the end and after...not this time. But I finally got it on a week ago and it fits back to normal. My dr. said the same thing happened to her with her 3rd c-section but it took her 4 months to be able to wear it again. I wake up in the night and my hands and feet hurt like they are swollen but aren't. Anyway it's weird amongst other things. But I feel well at least. I think her good sleeping has really helped me this time and it's been a way faster recovery than any of my others minus a few, hopefully, minor things.
At 5 weeks, my mom came and picked up my other kids and took them back to Austin with her for a few days so I could get some more rest and quiet. It was really nice to have that few days, but we were ready to get them back by the end. It was just weird to only have to worry about one newborn...we could still go anywhere with her, sleep when she slept; it even was a little boring wondering what I should do during the day with only one baby. The best part was that my house stayed clean, I wasn't picking stuff up and cleaning every 20 minutes.
The Monday after they got back and I no longer had help...we started swimming lessons again. At 9am. Getting me and 4 other people ready and having to leave by 8:40am was a little challenging but by the end of it, wasn't so hard. I learned I need to get up much earlier and prepare everything I can the night before. And the last 2 days of swimming started at 8:30...but by then when we had places to be by 9 or 10, that seemed easy and late. So I think that really helped me get back in to a routine. Swimming went really well, they loved it as usual.
I got all bad pictures so this will have to do
Harry Potter came out. I was a little worried about the timing this movie came out since Audrey would only be 6 weeks old and I wasn't sure if we could find a babysitter to watch all 4 of them. But we did, and she did awesome. So that was the first time she had a babysitter other than family. But we did LOVE the movie. Our kids have even gotten really into it, although they are only allowed to watch the first 3 and I'm pretty sure they've had nightmares since.
Having fun at an ice cream/bike(scooter) decorating party...
Weston was a little on the warm side so he opted to sit out and drink a root beer float instead.
The other kids:
Abby and Hannah are still in gymnastics for another week and loving it. Abby is getting excited to start kindergarten. We had her 6 year well check early since Audrey was already going in, she did awesome.
Weight: 36 lb 1 oz (6%)
Height: 3'5" (4%)
So pretty!
We were getting our car fixed from someone backing into Joe one day...we got a rental mini van but a different one without automatic doors....When we went to pick Hannah up from a friend's that day, she said, "Hannah you've got to see this car, check out these doors, they are so cool." Seriously? I laughed b/c I was a little upset they weren't automatic. I don't know how to live without them at this point in my life with 3 little kids plus a carseat that goes in and out every time. Anyway I thought it was funny how my poor kids didn't know they had them without and how something so little was so exciting to them.
Abby is reading more and more everyday and starting to enjoy it and not get so frustrated. But she loves math more, like her mom, and Joe practices math with her almost daily.
She is also our little photographer. Every time I go to download pictures on to my computer there are about 100 others that she has taken. She has even been trying to pose Audrey, Hannah, and Weston for pictures. It's pretty cute.
Hannah is just enjoying life. She loves working on her pre-k workbook and reminds me every morning if I haven't said anything about it. She is still our drama queen, loves singing, and telling stories. She is excited to start preschool again this year and keeps asking, "How much longer."
Then there's Weston. Weston had his first official play date a couple weeks ago. He thought he was pretty cool getting dropped off at a friend's house without his sisters-especially because they were both in the car crying because they didn't get to go too.
He has discovered the bathroom at bedtime trick that both of his sisters used to do. After putting him to bed every night...a few minutes later we hear a knock at his door yelling down that he has to go potty. And we got the hint he was doing it to get out of bed but somehow he saves it and we know that he really has to go at that point or else we find it in his pull up the next morning...so I'm not sure how to fix that one yet.
He also has been having issues with storing meat in his cheeks at meal time. It is disgusting to say the least. He could keep it in there forever if we let him. He will even continue to eat what he wants (fruit, cookies, etc) while there is chewed up meat in his cheeks. We can't figure that one out either. Abby did it for a couple months when she was 2, and then stopped but I'm not sure what to do with him.
He loves being the center of attention and loves if people laugh at him.
He has never been a tv watcher until he found a good enough movie I guess...Wizard of Oz. He runs around the house all day singing, "Ding dong the witch is dead." He is glued to the TV the whole movie, he seriously has never watched anything through I don't think until this one. He does enjoy Mary Poppins, Narnia, and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse too, he just doesn't sit and watch the whole thing through.
He talks non stop. He is now talking in complete sentences a lot of times, and he is constantly asking, "But why." Or I'll say no to something and he'll say, "But why I want to Mom." It drives me crazy sometimes. Someone told me one day last week, "he's definitely our little talker in nursery." Not sure if that was a good or bad thing because I know sometimes he just goes on and on and you can't get him to be quiet.
He's also starting a preschool in a couple weeks and he has mixed feelings about it. When I told him, he said, "But I don't want to preschool." Then we went to meet the teacher yesterday, and he screamed when we walked away, he said, "you not stay, me go to preschool." For some reason my kids like for me "not to stay." We were going to a friend's house a few weeks ago and Hannah said, "you are just going to drop us off and not stay and come pick us back up later right?" When I told her I would be staying she was very upset. How sad. I'm not ready for that yet.
Weston and Hannah have been fighting a lot over the purple bumbo. Weston claims it's "his spot." I told him it was Audrey's and he found his 1st year baby book I made him and found a picture of him sitting in it and said, "see my spot."
He's our crazy little guy.
The girls had a dentist appointment yesterday. I couldn't have asked for it to go any better. I had a babysitter for Audrey and Weston so I could just focus on the girls. I actually had a hard time getting them to leave, they were having too much fun. I was a little worried about Hannah freaking out for x-rays and she actually smiled for them all instead. The dentist looked in Abby's mouth and then Hannah was next and he said they had the exact same mouth. Neither of them had any cavities and said whatever routine we have going on to keep it up because their teeth looked so well. I was nervous because I didn't think we had much of a good routine at all so that was nice to hear.


2 years ago

2 comments:
You are handling everything so well Sierra. What a great mom - even if the kids want you to drop them off and leave it's a great thing that they are independent and so capable. Thanks for sharing the end of summer update. Can't believe Audrey is 2 months...time is flying! You just keep on enjoying it while you can. These are the best (and sometimes the worst) of times :-)Love You Guys!!!!!!
You are such a awesome mom Sierra! You are wonder woman! You have such a darling family. I love the pics of Audrey and Lincoln! So adorable.
Post a Comment