Thursday, December 15, 2011

Lights and Table

Last year we never got the chance to put up Christmas lights. This year I really wanted them but wasn't sure if it would really happen since we don't have a high enough ladder to reach the top of our house and we had too many other things going on. But we did. Joe did anyway. I was out there for support though (literal support) by holding the ladder steady so that we had no accidents. We were accident free, minus the ladder falling on my neighbors house and hurting my arm while trying to catch it. Other than that it went well. Joe did a great job and I'm glad we have them up. Although Hannah's not a huge fan b/c we don't have a bunch of stuff in the yard, but she'll get over it.






And the table. We bought this table at a garage sale b/c it was so cheap and we didn't have a dining room table. And that is pretty much a the bottom of the list of things to buy so we figured getting one so cheap would be worth it until we decide we can get a nice one. It needed some major redoing though. And last time we redid our kitchen table I said I would never do anything like it again. Well I guess I lied. I will again say that I don't ever want to do it again, except that we bought a desk at the same time that we wanted to redo for Abby. But that will be waiting a while until I forget how much I hate doing it. But here's a few before and after pictures. We did really well at working on it after we first got it. Then we get sick of it and worked on it maybe once a week. Then we went about 6 weeks without even touching it. And then it was December and I wanted to be able to park in the garage again and have a table big enough for family visiting and friends. So it's done. It's not perfect, but we did it together and I'm happy with it especially by the end when I was just trying to hurry and get it done.












And here it is finally finished!

5 comments:

Joel and Sara said...

Sierra your table is awesome! Want to come do stuff for us? I love your cute house too!!

Brittani Oliver said...

You did a great job on the table! I'm so impressed!

Jared and Kari said...

Wow! Very impressive! And I love the fabric you chose for the chairs!

simple mom/wife said...

Wow! That is impressive. I love the fabric and the grain in the wood is beautiful!!!

sgriffin.ca said...

Love the table and chairs WOW- such a cute dining room now. Great work you two !