Friday, June 29, 2012

Abby's lost tooth

The day has finally come that Abby has been waiting for for over a year now. She finally lost her first tooth on Monday. She went in my bathroom and started pulling with a tissue. Next thing I know she is crying that she can't get it out and that the box of tissues is gone so she can't even try anymore. For every dot of blood she found on the tissue, she had replaced it with a new one until it had any blood on it. My bathroom counter was covered in tissues. I found her a new box and went back to what I was doing. A few minutes later she came out so upset and crying again that she lost her tooth. I thought that was a good thing but she just kept crying, "but I lost it, I lost it down the sink." She had pulled her tooth out and it fell right down the sink. Great. Well me being the great mom I am, decided I would figure out how to take apart the sink and see if I could find it. And I did. And she was happy. For about 10 minutes. When she lost it again. And this happened about 10 more times that day. When I left to go to the store that night after Joe got home, she had it. When I got home, it was gone. Seriously, that girl loses everything and can't seem to find anything. So not only her tooth was gone, but the cute doll (my sister in law) made her for lost teeth was missing too. She'd been playing with it and taking it places lately that who knows where it is. So now her tooth and tooth doll was missing when she went to bed. Joe and I searched the floors of our house for this teeny tiny tooth and could not find it. But of course the tooth fairy still came and left her some glittery dollars and she was super excited again. 2 days later, I found her tooth, on the counter next to the fridge. But the tooth fairy forgot to come get it that night...



Enough about that dang tooth. Abby loves to take care of Audrey. She gets her out of bed, puts her in her high chair, plays with her, helps if I ever need help with her, it's great, when she actually wants to do it. Last night I needed to take a redbox movie back. We were all going to go. But the girls didn't want to come with us. So I told Joe him and Weston could just go. So Joe just said we were leaving and Abby was in charge. We had this idea that we would pretend she stayed home to babysit. I didn't think she would go for it but Joe just kept telling her she was in charge and if she could just put Audrey to bed in about 5 minutes, we would be back in about 20. She said ok, and I went into my room (semi-hiding) and Joe left. Abby thought she was there in charge by herself. And 5 minutes later, I hear her telling Hannah to say goodnight to Audrey b/c it was time for her to go to bed. And that was all I heard. A few minutes later the TV came on, and I hear "Good Luck, Charley," her favorite TV show. About 10 minutes later I came out b/c I wanted to get something done and she saw me. She was so confused and then so disappointed. She really had thought we left her. And she really was ok with that. But somehow she put Audrey in her crib and put her to bed b/c she didn't cry at all. Anyway, we enjoyed seeing what would happen, and tricking her like that. She will be a good babysitter in like 5 years...


I love finding Weston sleeping in random places...he's decided he needs a little nap probably 3 days a week now. It's wonderful...until bedtime and he doesn't want to sleep.
 I found these for a great deal the other day. And Lowe's hand delivered them to me...for free. Anyway who knew how entertaining they could be. All the kids played with them for over an hour!

1 comment:

sgriffin.ca said...
This comment has been removed by the author.