Monday the 11th, we had our 8th wedding anniversary! Joe was invited to a leadership training weekend at Moody Gardens in Galveston for the weekend before our anniversary with all the leaders of Montgomery County. So I tagged along with him for a little getaway for our anniversary. It was nice to have a little quiet and do absolutely nothing for a few hours by myself, and to have a little weekend getaway with just Joe. We had a great time and it's fun to get to know all the well known people of The Woodlands and be on the know with what's going on around our community.
So Joe's parents were nice enough to fly down here and stay with the kids while we went away. I don't really have any pictures of just them and the kids but they took the kids to the Space Museum and the library, and to get donuts, and all over the place while we were gone. And the kids loved it!
Before we left, Audrey had had a fever for 3 days and it wasn't going down and since we were leaving I figured I should take her in to get checked out since I don't think she has really ever had a fever her whole little life.
This was her the night before I took her in...
But of course when I got to the dr., this is how she acted, happy and no fever at the time, which was a first in over 3 days.
Turns out she was cutting her molars and had an ear infection. I'm glad that's all it was though so we got her antibiotic and we could leave.
And then we got back and Joe and his dad started this project....adding a new room for us upstairs to use at an craft/study room for the kids. Joe had always said he wanted to do it but I didn't really think it would happen or else not for another 5 years or so. So to just decide to do it and do it was awesome! And it looks great, and I'm hoping it gets finished soon!
Right as they started and had just chipped off the corner of the ceiling...
Our new room, and since then it now has an outlet, another light fixture, and a light switch...
His parents also got to be here over Hannah's birthday. We had lunch at Chick Fila and here's a picture of Hannah sitting with Papa Rich eating her ice cream.
They helped us get ready for Hannah's birthday party too. We are grateful they could come visit and help out so much around here.
They also helped out with swimming lessons, Joe's dad stayed home with Audrey one day so I didn't have to take her with me and his mom stayed home one day so I could leave Audrey with her too. It made it so much easier not to have to try and entertain her for an hour while the others were in lesson.
last day of swimming lessons...
Abby didn't want her picture taken and was acting silly, so not a great picture







No comments:
Post a Comment