Monday, June 4, 2012

Audrey's Birthday

I cannot believe how fast time has gone this past year. I don't know if having each child makes the time go by faster or what, but I can't believe Audrey's first year has come and gone now.


Waking up...






Dinner at Beninhana....typical 1 year old birthday dinner, right? She was excited that all the waiters were singing to her!


Opening presents...





Her last minute cake. I planned on making a cute one but after Weston's frustrating birthday making a cake, Joe thought it was best to buy one for this one. I felt a little guilty but got over it. It is red velvet cake with cake batter ice cream, thanks to Cold Stone!
 I guess an ice cream cake isn't such a 1 year old thing either, so I guess we didn't do all the traditional one year old stuff. I'm not huge on 1 year old birthdays b/c they have no clue still! I still have pictures, but I'd rather do more when they are old enough and can remember. But she did feel extra special on her birthday, so we did enough!

I wasn't sure how she would do with a cold cake...
 She wasn't sure she wanted to be messy either...typical of her siblings and a few unnamed people on my side of the family!


 And then she went for it...
 And then decided to use a fork at the end




She has had major excema issues which is completely new to us since we have never had any problems with the other 3. I had some expensive cream called in for us b/c I really didn't want to have to take her to the dr. before her well check. Well, it didn't do anything, in fact, I think she got worse. It was like welts all over her body, face, arms, legs, back, and her stomach was really bad. So after going back and forth for the past couple weeks I decided it will make me feel better to take her in. They gave me some steroid cream and an oral steroid, and she was better in about 2 days. It started getting really bad in Florida and so we are thinking it may have been from the sunscreen I used....but she is better now, so we are all happy! 

These pictures don't really do it justice to how bad it looked and this was almost a week before I took her in.



Audrey weighs 18 lb 7 oz and is 28.25 in tall! And we love every bit of her even if she is hard on us sometimes! She has a high pitched squeal that she can do forever (happy or sad), and she is definitely not a quiet baby! Nor can she ever sit still. I'm amazed at church when I see kids her age still just laying in car seats, taking naps, and so quiet and still....none have mine have ever been like that past like 1 month. She is constantly moving and thinking! She is a super fast crawler. When we go out, she is sure to make a scene so everyone around is looking at us. She mastered the stairs by 11 months but doesn't always enjoy going down, she would rather go down a little and then cry til someone comes to get her! Audrey started taking steps at the beginning of 11 months and is doing it more and more and now takes about 10-20 steps at a time constantly! She loves her siblings and loves when they laugh at her! She no longer has bottles, which she is still trying to deal with. She has learned from the best how to fake cry! I can't believe how she knows how to do that already! I mean it's so obvious that it is fake, especially with her facial expression, but I just didn't know she could possibly learn that kind of thing by a year. But I guess she just has 3 really great teachers to help her learn all that fun stuff.


It is a weird feeling to think that my baby stage is just about over...is 1 even considered baby anymore? To think I am moving on to the next stage in life...is definitely full of mixed feelings! To think that it has already been a year since she looked like this, is just crazy! But we are moving forward and excited to see what kind of fun adventures are in store for us!

No comments: