Saturday, June 2, 2012

Florida

I'm sure this is going to end up being several posts but I've got a lot of catching up to do and I get really overwhelmed when I get behind on stuff. So here's the start. We decided we needed to go on a family vacation besides visiting family. So we needed something not too expensive, but fun, and something drive-able. Destin, Florida was the perfect place. We used to go pretty much all through high school and the last time I've been was the summer me and Joe got married. So we've been before but our kids haven't, and they beg to go to the beach constantly. So we picked mid May because it is way cheaper, less crowded, and not as hot. As the time came closer I checked the weather for what it would be like when we were there, it was supposed to rain EVERY DAY and not just a slight chance but like 60%-100% almost everyday. I started getting worried. And it rained the whole drive. And most of the day on Mother's Day. And then it never rained again and was absolutely perfect weather! Oh and did I mention we left at 6am Saturday morning for the drive and at 7:30am realized that I forgot the camera. After contemplating what to do for a few minutes, we decided to turn around and go back home to get it. It was that important to us. And I'm glad we did but it did make for a much longer drive. But the drive was great. The kids all got along the whole time, there was no crying, there were lots of naps, and lots of chatting, movies, and playing. The house we stayed in was pretty perfect too in the cutest little neighborhood.

Mother's Day Dinner at Bayou Bill's Crab House where all the kids tried oysters, and alligator and liked it.



Our first venture to the beach in between bad storms. We may or may not have miss the "closed to the public" flag, we were the only ones on it for miles...they were pretty excited to see it




Once the storm ended, we decided to get our swimsuits on and go back

Hannah liked Papa and Dad to take her out, I think she felt more safe that way









The loved having Papa dig holes for them to get into




Audrey was getting fussy so Joe took her for a walk on the beach and she fell right to sleep







 Weston enjoyed playing in the sand a lot more than the water

Even Nana got buried
 This girl never wanted to get out of the water. She loved every second!


No comments: