Sunday, January 13, 2013

And since Christmas...

The day after Christmas Joe and my dad headed off to go hunting, and left my mom and kids with us at home. So the day after the day after Christmas we packed up and headed to Austin to hang out and see my brother's wife and kids while my brother went off hunting with them too. We had wondered how Rio would do in the car because one time we went somewhere with him about 10 minutes away and he threw up all over my car on the way home. I just figured he was still new to us, he was nervous, or ate something or I don't know what, but kinda pushed it aside. And then Joe said maybe he gets car sick. So leaving for Austin, I felt sick almost worried about him but had done absolutely nothing to prepare for it. And sure enough 20 minutes into the 3 hour drive, he threw up everywhere. Let me just say we got our car back in August and the interior had not been ruined at all in any way yet. And now after having the dog for 2 weeks, it was covered in dog vomit...And you know how the seats slide back and forth...well of course it happened to go down through all the cracks. So since my mom knew I was a little stressed out with everything as it was and I think likes dogs a lot more than me, had me stop, and she went in and bought some stuff to clean it up. Then she sat on the ground in the back with him the rest of the drive as he decided to throw up multiple times, including on her once. I owe her for that.


We hung out for a couple days, and Joe came back early from hunting to hang out with us, which was nice. We stayed for the New Year and then headed back that morning.

baking with Nana...



I got to play some games with Abby...our favorite was Jumanji

Weston and Theron watching a movie in Nana and Papa's room
 playing blocks together

Audrey eating as usual


I don't see my kids sleeping so much anymore, so I snapped this picture while we were there

We went to Chuck E Cheese with our cousins on New Years Eve Day



played in the hot tub

bringing in the New Year out in the garage...

We had planned to go home that Sunday and have New Year's at home but since we thought the vet had called in some anxiety medicine and we went to pick it up and they had nothing for him and the vet office was closed, I decided there was no way I was driving back with him yet. Or if we were driving back, he would not come with us. We finally got him some anxiety meds and didn't feed him before we left and doubled his Dramamine dose and hoped we could get back here with him.

I sat back with him for the first 45 minutes and then he finally calmed down and went to sleep. This time we went prepared, with old towels I could just throw away, plastic table cloths on the ground as well as sheets...Too bad we didn't do that on the way there. He was good until about 30 minutes before we got home and he threw up once. But it wasn't much and it was liquid so it wasn't a big deal. But I'm not sure how many road trips we will be going on with him in the future unless I know he will be ok and we get lots of practice driving ahead of time.

He did have to go get neutered last week and he made it all the way there (20 min) and back without throwing up, so that was good. Now if we could just get him to quit chewing everything up when we aren't looking...


 Other than that, things are back in routine. The kids started school Tuesday, as well as me. I started teaching preschool at home because Weston's teacher quit. I had always thought about doing it for Audrey, since she is my last and I wouldn't have anyone else home. But the timing came sooner and it worked out for me to start with Weston now. So I have 7 kids for now and have already had people ask and email about getting in next year. But I am giving it a month before I commit to another year. But so far it has been great. The kids have been great and I've enjoyed having dedicated time working with Weston too and his cute little friends. But it has slowed me down in other areas, so I'm slacking on some things right now. Hopefully I'll get around to doing more once I get used to doing it. 

 Chips and dip after church every Sunday now that we have church at 8:30


a fun sleepover with some of our favorite friends
 


and just the beginning of getting my stuff together for preschool


And this girl loves to sit on the potty. She is constantly saying, "pee pee" and grabbing herself and running into the bathroom. Sometimes I will hear her banging on the bathroom door saying, "pee pee, pee pee" But I loved this picture of her sitting on it, she just gets so excited!






No comments: