Wednesday, March 6, 2013

January & February

It's been a couple really busy months for the Griffin Family...In January, I started teaching preschool, (which is going really well),

and Joe quit his job near the end of the month. It just wasn't right for him anymore, and he really felt like it was time to start his own firm. So that's what he did. He quit and has been super busy ever since but has also loved every minute of it, which makes it worth it. We feel really blessed that it has gone/and is continuing to go so well so far. And it's thanks to his wonderful clients who only wanted him, from his last firm, referrals from friends, and friends using him for wills, starting businesses, etc. So it's been great so far!

He is awesome at what he does! So if anyone knows of anyone who may need him, I'm sure he would love the business. http://www.griffinandgriffinlaw.com/ He does corporate/business/real estate law and estate planning/wills, and more!

We had our annual field trip to the aquarium.



 Weston and his buddy, Noble.


 Friends...

 Abby showing off her mad hula hooping skills. She is awesome and can go on forever.


The beginning of February I turned 30! Abby was excited...Joe brought home all this stuff for me and made me wear it. My parents were in town too, so we got to sneak out and go to a nice dinner together.

 And then I have such great friends who threw me a surprise party, and also know how much I love dr. pepper....I got to take home more than 84 dr. peppers that night and sadly I'm starting to run low. I don't have a problem at all I promise.


Hannah happened to have her 100th day of school parade on my birthday!


And these two just have so much fun together no matter what they are doing



A random park day and this is what we witnessed...



Family night at Bouncing Bears. My kids absolutely love this place and me and Joe got quite the workout doing everything with them too. And by the end, Audrey was climbing up and going down the biggest slide there by herself. Glad we could get lots of energy out that night.



Texan Day. This girl does not like dressing up or getting her hair done...so this is what we ended up with...at least she wore boots.





A couple weeks ago we were supposed to go on a cruise. It was the same ship that caught on fire....so our cruise got canceled. A couple days before we had showed our kids all the pictures of the inside and things we were going to do, etc...and then it got canceled. So we had to come up with a replacement quickly. We chose to go to the Great Wolf Lodge in Dallas for a couple days during the same time as our cruise so that the kids would still have something fun and different to look forward to. We went up the first day and visited and stayed with my brother and his family. And then we spent the next 3 days at the resort. It was a lot of fun, and we left Audrey with my mom (she was planning on keeping her for the cruise anyway, so we decided to keep it that way) which made it a lot easier. And the night we left, my old roommate from BYU had us over for dinner! It was so nice to visit with them for a little bit before we left. I wish I could have seen so many more people but it's hard when we are there for such a short time, and usually there for the amount of time we need to be, which leaves us not much time for extra stuff. But I was glad we got to hang out with them for a while anyway.

The cabin for the kids inside our hotel room...




 my matching boys hanging out down our hallway
 Hannah was in heaven since she could go color at anytime of day



 story time before bed

 In the lobby, waiting to go down





 thankfully they were lenient on the water slides since my kids are short. You were supposed to be 42" which Abby is our only one, Hannah is slightly under and Weston is about 5 inches too short. But somehow they were nice enough to let Hannah do all of them, and we even got away with taking Weston on them a few times. And me and Joe got to go down the 48" together once too. But then we tried to do the XD theater...and they wouldn't let Weston do it because you had to be 40"....so somehow they let Weston go down the big water slides but not sit in a movie chair for a little stimulation ride.

Hannah scored 75 tickets on this one and was pretty proud of herself if you can't tell
 she ran to show everyone else all the tickets she just won
The quest...they loved it and still love their wands





And this is one of the pictures I got from my mom while we were gone...she loved being with Nana and having so much one on one time. She was not happy to come back to reality and share her time with the other 3 kids.




And we still have a dog...it was rough for a little while and I wasn't sure I could handle him. He has chewed up so many things that I would have preferred him not too, and dug so many holes in our backyard, and escaped by digging holes in our backyard so many times, I had had enough. And then this past month he has started shedding like crazy. I mean it is serious shedding. But in the past week or so, nothing has been chewed up besides his toys, and there has been no more holes in the backyard (besides all that were there previously) and he motivates me to run in the mornings...so I think we are making a turn around.

 

 I found this one morning when I sat down by the computer and thought it was funny.

 

 And now it's March. And we've had Audrey with croup once again, and yesterday Weston was sitting on this chair by the front door waiting for everyone from preschool to leave, and after they left he fell asleep like this for about 4 hours and then woke up went to the bathroom and threw up and then quickly ran in to me to ask for cereal and has been fine ever since. So if he had the stomach bug, he got the best kind.


No comments: