Sunday, January 13, 2013

Christmas

Turned out I was a little disappointed on Christmas morning. I woke up to my kids already up looking at all the presents, emptying their stocking and Weston riding around on his new bike. They failed to come get us. I don't know why it's a big deal but growing up we never even tried to look or even go near the room with the tree until our parents were up and out with us, so having them come out and see everything without us was a little sad. Not only that, when we went to wake Audrey up, she was burning up with a fever and not happy. She wanted nothing to do with presents or anything and just needed to be held. Other than that things went fine, although I'm opting for going out for Christmas dinner from now on, it would make the day so much more relaxing...but Joe's not a fan yet, so I'm still working on it.

And not only did Joe do the floors the 23rd and 24th, he decided to start building me shelves and pedestals in my laundry room so I would have more storage, so he spent a lot of Christmas day building things for me. And he hasn't gotten to painting them yet, so I will post pictures when it's done. And I have no before pictures b/c he just started and I never got a chance.

Christmas pictures are kind of boring to me but it does help us know what we get each year. But here's only a few of them. And we didn't really take any good pictures all day


Christmas Eve jammie opening

 these girls in their matching nightgowns and matching night gowns for their build a bears


My dad decided to try out Weston's bike Christmas Eve after I pumped up the tires, I guess to see if it worked...

 


 it did...

Weston had his shoes on and everything when I found him

 Here's how Audrey looked
 Mr. Hulk
 I know this picture is absolutely horrible, but this is how Audrey was the whole Christmas morning and I look excited


 Audrey liked her new shoes at least

My dad gave the older girls a penny book to start a penny collection, and a bunch of pennies, since my dad is a big coin collector. I think that may have been Hannah's favorite present and working on it all day with Papa. She loved it, and since has made sure to show it to almost everyone who has come over.


 Audrey found some glasses and enjoyed them a little

No comments: