Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Spring Break/ Easter

I tried to think of something we could do over Spring Break so I didn't go crazy at home for a week with 4 kids aged 2-7...I had so much I wanted to get done and organized too but then quickly realized that would never home with 4 kids aged 2-7 home all day every day for a week. So we decided to head to Austin for a few days without Joe. He's been working a lot lately and is so busy that it would help him not feel guilty for staying at work late and I would have my parents to keep me company and help with the kids. We had so much fun. We went to see Oz. I began to see light at the end of the tunnel for all my craziness with all my kids. We all went to the movie with no problems, they all stayed in their seats the majority of the time (Weston enjoyed running up and down our row a little, or sitting in the row in front of us, but hey he was quiet at least). The weather was perfect! I got to lay out 2 of the days, while the 3 older kids played and swam. It was so nice to be able to just lay and not have to be in the water watching them like crazy so they don't drown. I think we are finally coming out of this whole baby stage thing...almost 8 years later, and I'm so excited for the next stage! (I love all the baby stages too, I'm just excited for the next stage in life now)



Hannah had a small accident with my parents exercise bike...But she was so brave and now it looks great! 





Did I mention I almost got rid of Rio after we got back? Joe kept Rio home while we went for Spring Break and so was let out early in the morning before Joe went to work and let out once again when he got home after 10pm and that was it....I got home and all my rugs were chewed up and he was crazy. That week he was constantly digging under the fence and running off for anywhere up to an hour before he came back. He took off every time the front door opened. His hair was everywhere and I couldn't take it any longer, so I put him on craigslist. I started getting people responding and so I told the kids I was getting rid of him. It broke Abby's heart and she was completely devastated  So I caved and decided I couldn't do it to her. Especially when I told her and Joe told her we could just get another dog, just one that didn't shed or need as much exercise....ummm...that was not the point of getting rid of him. So we are keeping him. He is really such a good dog as long as he gets exercise. I'm just not an exerciser so running everyday is such a pain for me. But it is making me get up and go so I guess that's good. And when I go, he is perfect. So I guess I will be exercising the rest of my life now. And he got a hair cut and is starting to not shed as much now, I guess until fall and it starts all over again. So I guess he's here to stay.



We also spent Easter at my parents, like we have done the past 7 Easters...The weather wasn't that great, so there was no swimming or laying out this year which was kind of sad. We ate at one of my favorite burger places that I hadn't been too probably since I lived there 6 years ago. Me and Joe got to go to a movie by ourselves. And let me tell you, Austin knows how to do movie theaters. It was so nice and comfortable! We did the neighborhood, adjoining my parents', Easter Egg Hunt! We went to see The Croods without Audrey this time, and loved it!



 Hannah loves to get her picture taken, if you can't tell by this picture!




The Croods


Neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt


 Chaos...

 They had these animals for the kids to hold there too. The kids LOVED it! The each got to hold a bunny, a guinea pig, and a chick, and Abby got to hold the hedgehog too!







 This girl loves her uncles or any older boy for that matter...




 And we just found out today that he is leaving and moving for a general manager position and to open up the first store in Chicago for My Fit Foods...sad we won't see him as often anymore, but excited for him to have the job he's been waiting for!

Coloring Easter Eggs


I loved everyone's face in this...

Our first try at a picture on Easter morning...why do pictures always have to be so difficult?






Poor Hulk had a long day...

Getting ready to start the Easter Egg Hunt inside since it decided to rain on us



Got stuck in major traffic on the way home, so these two got out of the car for a minute to take some pictures of the pretty bluebonnets that are everywhere! Joe also got out at one point to take Rio for a 15 minute walk until we caught up to him...it took forever!

No comments: