Friday, May 24, 2013

Weston's Birthday Party

Since I always have great intentions on planning something really fun about 6 months before a birthday and then keeping it in the back of my mind until 2 weeks before the birthday, we ended up at Chuck E Cheese for Weston's birthday party this year. All my kids will have one birthday party there in their life and Audrey is the only one left to make that happen. It is so easy, much cheaper than anywhere else, and my kids love it! So that was that. He was excited.

He is so into The Avengers right now, that we tried to add a little theme to the party. He had an Avengers cake...I couldn't find any really cute ones and this one tasted great, so it worked. Joe banned me from making my kids birthday cakes anymore because I get just a little stressed out and crazy and I actually hate being in the kitchen for the most part. So it works better for everyone this way. And I made the party favors all Avenger-ish. And most of the kids wore some sort of Avenger shirt, so it worked out.

I even pulled the girls out of school so they could come to his party on a school day so it wasn't so crowded. And it was perfect. We pulled in walked in and the hostess started talking to me, and next thing I know I look up and my dad was standing there. He had flown in and surprised us for Weston's birthday party, after being told they weren't going to be able to make it. It was a really fun surprise!

I think all the kids had fun and he got some really fun stuff. He's not quite as into having all the attention though like my girls did at his party. He freaks out a little. And he's pretty smart in everything he does that we just figure he knows how to do stuff...we learned that he needs to be taught to blow out candles or else he was really nervous because that part did not go quite as well.

I love these boys!



 the 2 girls were such good sports about having a boy theme
 Joe and Wes playing some air hockey
 Papa helping Hannah with skeeball












 I forgot to take a picture of the party favors so I tried to remake one later...it wasn't as good. But they were fun. They had Avenger coloring book, Avenger candies, a thumb war Superhero for your thumb, a foam Superhero ball, Superhero rubber bracelets, tattoos, stickers, etc. inside the Avengers cup, wrapped with Avengers ribbon.

I think he loved every second of being celebrated!

No comments: