Monday, July 1, 2013

Audrey's Birthday Party

Less than a week before Audrey's birthday, Joe decided it would be fun to have a birthday party for her. We aren't big birthday party people and I don't love to throw parties, although I really wish I did, but I decided I'd think about it. I'm more of a Chuck E Cheese birthday party person where I just have to show up and pay and there is no mess and no entertaining...and we don't do parties when our kids are that little (besides Weston's 1st when we had a very small party). And then it all went from there. It was the week of preschool twice that week, doctor appointments, a field trip to the zoo, tumbling, swimming, trying to get things ready to go to California for two weeks, and some other things going on right at the end of the school year stuff, and here I was throwing a party. Joe said he would take care of the food and the tents. He took care of all of that Saturday morning a couple hours before it started. Our best friends let us use their backyard and house for the party because they are just nice like that. We were going to do it at our house but then we couldn't stop thinking of people to have and there were way too many for our house and backyard. I asked another friend if she would make a cake for us, because she is awesome at it. And I had another friend make the little labels and banner for me, because she is way better than me at it, and I decided I was going to have to delegate in order to make things happen this time. And it all turned out awesome. And I'm really glad we did it now, it was so fun to just get together with everyone and hang out. Not saying it wasn't stressful but once everything was there, I enjoyed myself and was glad everyone could come.



was this cake amazing or what?? They way outdid themselves!



 Starting to get stuff out on the table



 Joe whipped these up, morning of as well, and laminated them, to help people know what kind of gourmet hot dog to make

 some of the balloons disappeared but at this point it was what it was
 these cute girls playing that are pretty close to Audrey's age and I can't wait til they can start playing more


 these strong boys rolling out the bounce house
 the little princess eating her lunch in her swimsuit and collar bone brace, just hanging out


 probably shouldn't have let her in here with her hurt collar bone, but it was her birthday party


 have some people in one bounce house
 lots of pictures of the cake I know, but I loved it so much!


 this little pinata was a little too small for the amount of kids we had. I knew I should have got the life size one...



 she got so much fun stuff, and she loves each and everyone of her Minnie's
getting around to opening some presents a few days later

 I never even wrapped the sent ones either...it was one of those weeks, if she was going to get her presents she was getting them as was



No comments: