Monday, July 1, 2013

Hannah's birthday



I feel like Hannah has kind of gotten the shaft this year on birthdays. I mean saying you get to go to Disneyland for your birthday sounds awesome but everyone else got to go too, it wasn't like we did anything special for just her. She didn't have a birthday party, since she got out of school and we left that night for Austin and then California. And now it's been so long, we just aren't doing one. But we have celebrated it a few times. When we got to Austin, my mom had made her a cookie cake

(that's what Hannah had asked for), and opened presents from my parents and us (she got a DS3 so we decided to give it to her early for the plane ride).









And then on her actual birthday we were at California Adventures and she had a fever the entire day. She tried so hard to be good and enjoy herself but she was feeling pretty crappy. She was cold. Well we were all cold, we aren't used to these cool mornings and nights and it was a little cooler that morning and lasted til almost 1 before the sun came out. I had brought everyone sweaters but with the packing and unpacking nonstop for the whole trip I didn't know where it ended up. So she got to pick out a Disney sweatshirt, and they also gave her a birthday pin to wear since it was her birthday but she wasn't feeling wearing it so that went straight in my purse. We tried to keep her drugged up enough to feel good enough to do everything but got behind occasionally with splitting up and stuff. She slept in the stroller for a while, but I think she got to do everything there she wanted before leaving.


 And then I took her to Downtown Disney by herself to pick out a birthday present. She was pretty excited about that, but then ended up choosing some Aristocat cat with a super long tail and some jewels in a bag. I could have picked out a million better things, but that's what she chose and it was her birthday, so I went with it. Then we drove to Joe's aunt's house in Moor Park (about 2 hours away) and stayed the night there. His aunt had made lots of banana bread for us when we got there and she just happened to have a 6 candle and so we put the candle on a piece of banana bread, sang to her, and called it good.



We promised her when we got back to Texas, me and Joe would take her out to dinner and a movie by herself. But when we got back, our friends were going to see the movie she picked out already so we went with them. So we have still yet to take her out alone, which is what she wants the most. It will happen. sometime soon. hopefully.

Hannah is super helpful around the house. My one and only that takes after me and likes to clean and organize. most of the time. A year ago we were having so much trouble with her sleeping at night but the past year she has come so far and rarely gets up at night anymore. Although she still snores and at her well check was told she has really big tonsils, which may have played a huge factor in the sleeping issues. But we are so glad she sleeps better now. She did awesome in kindergarten and is a great reader and loves doing "homework." She constantly asked the teacher for more homework. I love that she loves school. She is a great actress and drama queen still and super sensitive. But she is so sweet and loving and loves to be with people and spending time with the family. Her giggle is the best thing ever, I love it!


She loves to pretend and play "recess" or "school" or "mom and dad." She loves to make things, cards, artwork, for people constantly.  We go through so much paper. She loves to video herself. She gets it from Good Luck Charlie. But I will look at my phone, or Joe's, or my mom's and find all sorts of videos and they are hilarious. I love them and sometime I'm going to make her a DVD of all her videos. She loves watching videos of herself from when she is younger. She is a lot of fun to be with, and is super photogenic and great at posing herself. (PS she doesn't really like getting her hair done often which is why in most pictures her hair is in her face looking wonderful, I do try. most of the time anyway.)

No comments: