Monday, July 1, 2013

June

June was a busy month and this will be one of many posts from the month.

June 1st was Audrey's birthday party (separate post)

We finished preschool.



Hannah finished kindergarten.




Abby finished 1st grade.





They both had a great year and it was a little sad saying goodbye. Hannah had the best teacher and we loved her. And she is getting married and moving away to teach 1st grade in East Texas, so it was a little harder saying goodbye to her and I am really hoping Hannah gets a great teacher for 1st grade because she LOVED kindergarten and I think a lot of that was because of her great teacher.

Joe had to work in Austin a couple days before California so he took Audrey and Weston and Rio with him so I had a day to finish preschool and pack up before coming with the older girls. We spent Friday playing by the pool, watching, deer, collecting rollie pollies and relaxing after a busy month.





We left for California. We traveled through a lot of California in the 12 days we were there. Long day in the San Francisco Airport. Weston had a fever starting out and Audrey had it by the end of the flight.

We had our 9th wedding anniversary at Disneyland.


We celebrated Hannah's 6th birthday at California Adventures, and she celebrated with a fever all day long not feeling well at all. (separate post)

We also celebrated Joe's oldest brother's birthday while we were there, and his younger brother's wife's birthday, and Father's Day, and a baby blessing. Who knew we could be there over so many family holidays.

We finally made it back after spending the day in the airport. We were in San Francisco for over 5 hours with our layover and then flight delay. We were exhausted by the time the plane actually left. We all slept at some point. We flew to Austin to pick up our dog, and then headed back home the next morning after being gone for over 2 weeks.



We met up with friends the night we got back at the food trucks in Houston which was a lot of fun and a ton of awesome food! We ate about a week's worth in one sitting but loved every bite.
 

Joe got back to work after being gone for so long and way behind, and has been super busy ever since, so we haven't seen too much of him the past week. He finally hired his first employee who starts today. So hopefully it goes well, we went to eat with her and her husband, and they seem like really nice people, so let's hope it helps keep him not so overwhelmed by how busy he is.

The older 3 kids did a tennis camp last week and loved every second of it but came off the court completely soaked in sweat everyday. It was so good for them. They had to run suicides and play for 2 hours straight. It was also Weston's first time being in something like this besides preschool, so he was pretty excited about it. He may have even slept with his tennis racket the first night. I'm hoping maybe they can take lessons in the Fall because they all really enjoyed it and Joe loves it, so he would love for them to learn to play. I was pretty impressed at how well they did and how they could all hit so many balls and move up to smaller and smaller balls by the end. I don't know that I can hit a ball so to see Weston out there hitting balls was impressive to me.

Abby- she moved up and didn't practice with Hannah and Weston after the first day


 Hannah


 Weston




The kids got haircuts. Audrey got her first haircut. It was getting a little too mulletish for me. But she only got a little trim so it's not too noticeable just a little healthier. Here I got before pictures but not after. That's helpful.
 the other kids got trims as well but Abby wanted to chop hers. Here's how long it got. It's maybe 6 inches shorter now. Not sure.

We went to see Monsters University with friends for a birthday. Audrey was so funny to watch just chowing down on popcorn and laughing at all the funny parts. We took up almost a whole row with the 4 adults and 8 kids in between.


Last week Joe got offered tickets to go see New Kids On the Block/98 degrees/Boyz II Men. So we hurried and found a babysitter and went. It was so much fun. I didn't know NKOTB as well because I felt like they were a little before my time or time I actually listened to music. I listened to my older brother's kind of music when I was really little and that wasn't on the top of his music choices. But the other 2, I LOVED. It was great, and I'm glad we went, especially sitting in a suite, being able to enjoy good food and friends.


No comments: