Monday, July 1, 2013

Disneyland

Disneyland. Abby started with a fever probably close to noon. She tried to make it as long as she could but finally she broke down and wanted to go back to the hotel, she didn't want to try anything else, she just wanted to go to bed. So Joe's dad and brother generously offered to take her back to the hotel so she could sleep and took Audrey too so she could take a nap. It was so nice to have so many adults with us that we were able to do everything. Joe's mom took Weston on some things while me and Joe had some alone time with Hannah on some of the bigger rides that Weston couldn't ride. By dinner time Hannah was not feeling so well either. I took Hannah back to the hotel a little before finishing dinner so she could go to bed. Abby woke up around 9 ish and was feeling a little better. Since it was our anniversary, we were going to put the kids to bed and head back out to Disneyland til it closed at midnight by ourselves. But Hannah was asleep by then and Abby was up and feeling better and I felt like she missed out on so much by sleeping the day away. So Joe's brother, Karsten, Abby, and me and Joe headed out at about 10 to make the most of the last 2 hours. We hit all the rides we hadn't been able to do during the day, although I did take Abby on Splash Mountain again because it was always my favorite ride growing up and I wanted her to go on it. It was so nice to have some alone time with Abby too. After midnight when everything closed, Abby wanted to take some pictures b/c she wasn't ready to go yet. So we took some pictures and then realized she hadn't eaten much for the day, so at 1am we stopped at McDonald's to get her some food. And let me tell you the line at McDonald's was longer than any of the rides we waited for at Disney. It was ridiculous, so we got back to the hotel around 2.

Alice was the first character we saw, and Hannah was so excited about it, we had to hurry in and buy an autograph book and pen so she could get her to sign it.


 The girls and Uncle Karsten
 Papa Rich, pushing Audrey around
and buying her toys...


while we went on the ride above, Hannah and Gigi took off to see Mickey's and Minnie's houses. They got in quick. No one else got to see Mickey's house. She was lucky.














 This kid was by far the most well behaved, happiest kid at Disneyland. The next day, he was the worst. But that day was awesome, I don't think he cried or complained once.
 This girl is starting to not feel so good. You can see it in her eyes. It was coming.

 Teacups. I was the only one willing to take them. So while we were in line for something else, that broke while in line, I hopped out took them and made it back just in time to get on the other ride. They loved them. Me, not so much. But I love hearing them giggle and laugh so it was all worth it.
 The 3 kids trying to get the sword out of the stone. My little brother happened to get it out in Disney World back like 21 years ago. But these kids really tried.
 You can see especially by this girls face.
Abby tried when we came back at night.
 This is how she spent the majority of the day.
 Weston rockin his new Disney jammies and Mickey hands.


 The teacup picture. Don't mind that I was wearing fuschia pants, a pink purse, and bought a pink sweatshirt b/c I was in a hurry and decided I didn't care what I looked like(I just wanted to be warm, I hate that it cools down at night so much there). But it was not pretty I can assure you that, however it helped everyone be able to find me easily.


We got to Disney at 8, left for dinner and to decide what we were doing and then headed back out and got back around 2am. It was a long day, but well worth it.

No comments: