Monday, July 1, 2013

The beginning of California

We got in late Saturday night plus 2 hours to put us in Texas time and we were completely exhausted. We couldn't even get our kids off the plane when we got there b/c they were all out cold. Trying to carry 4 kids and carry ons does not work so well, especially when you get off the plane outside and have to walk down the stairs to get off. But we figured it out somehow and tried to wake up whoever we could to walk. We were planning on Joe's parents picking us up in two cars since we take up one of their cars entirely. We were walking out and Joe's youngest brother jumped out along with some cousins who had all come to greet us. It was exciting except that we were sooo tired. But it was fun to have a fan club waiting for you at the airport. His youngest brother, oldest brother and wife and 4 kids, and both his parents. Joe hadn't been to California in a little over 4 years. His parents moved to the Fresno area since Joe had been there last. I had been there while he was studying for the Bar Exam, but he hadn't, so it made it that much more exciting. Since Wes had a fever the whole way there by the next morning he was fine and back to normal. Audrey, on the other hand, wasn't. She started with it that evening and had it until the next night. So Sunday we relaxed most of the day. Jared (his oldest brother) and his family came over and we ate together and enjoyed visiting but that was about the extent of the day.

She fell asleep at the top of the stairs, while I was getting Weston something to eat downstairs.

We love that Gigi has all the classic old school toys to play with.


Early Monday morning, Joe's mom, Abby, Hannah, and I left for Los Angeles to the American Girl Doll Store. Joe's mom had wanted to get each girl a doll when they turned 8 for their birthday, but since we were coming to town now, she decided to get Abby and Hannah one and make a trip of it.  First of all, I LOVED the mall it was in. I could have stayed there all day. We ran into Mario Lopez while we were there, so I thought we were pretty cool. I never had a doll when I was little so I had never been in a store. It was a little overwhelming there was so much stuff everywhere. But it was so much fun and my girls were in heaven. They both went in knowing which doll they wanted, but once we were in they quickly changed their minds and are still happy about their choices. We had lunch there and then their dolls had a hair appointment and got their hair done and a new outfit.








We even sang happy birthday to Hannah while we were there.


getting their hair done...


Mario Lopez



Then we made our way to Anaheim. And all the boys (Joe, his dad, his youngest brother, Weston) and Audrey met us for dinner down there. We stayed directly across the street from Disneyland so we watched the fireworks the night we got there. And then went to bed.

No comments: