Monday, July 1, 2013

May

We had Joe's birthday. And my mom had come out to help with some things and came out on his birthday and brought dinner she made at home for not just us but enough for our friends to come join us too, along with a cake she made for him. It was perfect! I'm so grateful to have her semi close and to have her be so awesome! I just wish she was a few hours closer so we could play more often.

He didn't like the way I put in the candles or that I used 33. But he was turning 33 so why wouldn't I use that many?




For Mother's Day, I decided to take the girls to get manicures and pedicures. But we had been running errands with the family (minus Audrey she went to my mom's for a few days) and Weston and Joe decided they couldn't be without us and needed to come get pedicures too. So it was family day at the nail salon. It was fun except that it took like 3 hours because they pretty much did us one at a time.

 

Abby got sick with the stomach flu and was out for the day.


The kids took swimming lessons



We got a playground.
 

The day after we got the playground, I had preschool. The kids went out to play. Audrey collided with someone else climbing up the ladder and fell backwards. Joe happened to come home for a minute 5 minutes before this happened. So he went and got her and put her in our bed until she calmed down. She stayed in there awake for the next 3 hours without moving, while I finished preschool and got lunch and did some things around the house. It was great, she never stops moving unless she's sleeping. Then I put her down for a nap. Then the next 4 days she cried and screamed every time I picked her up or pulled her up after a diaper change. And then I saw a huge bruise on her collar bone. So I finally took her in. It was broken. I broke mine when I was like 4 falling off my swing set...she's our first broken bone out of our kids before she even turned 2. It didn't stop her from doing anything. They told me to keep the sling on her. That was not even a possibility but they told me to try. And I did, for a few days of non stop trying to fix it so it was actually holding her arm in it. Then we had a friend who happened to have a little brace that she got for her son when he broke his collar bone. So we used that. It was much better and she didn't mind it. But if we were going out somewhere where I thought something might happen we doubled up and did the brace and sling. And then I just gave up because I watched her constantly doing pull ups and pulling herself up on everything without flinching. It still hurt some if you touched it but other than that she is back to normal.


She hammed it up in the ER and had all the nurses and doctors laughing and was easily bribed there too. Not sure what happened because she is not normally like that. 


She doesn't look happy but she loved the x-rays and was a little upset when they were done. She liked the heavy blanket she got to wear and said "cheese" every time there was a flash.


And she got multiple suckers from everyone for trying to win them over and from the bribing.


This picture on the slide was maybe 15 minutes after we got home from the ER. The sling did absolutely nothing. And then my old roommate from BYU, sent me a cute Rapunzel sling she made for her daughter and Audrey loved it and didn't mind putting it on at all. 

And we went to the zoo for a preschool field trip that I planned for Audrey's birthday to have something going on on her day and then I figured Joe would come with us. And it worked.

 I LOVE these boys!
 Audrey was brave enough to go feed the giraffes until she got close enough and the tongue came out and kept coming. It was a little long and dark for her and she dropped the lettuce and backed up right away.


She loves the carousel no matter where we go. I loved her face in this one. 



And the moms that joined us for our fun, hot day at the zoo. We were all nice and sweaty at this point.
 And the kids.
 Once we got in the air conditioning Joe decided to sit in the wagon and let Weston pull him around.

The Birthday Girl

We ended her birthday with dinner at Fuddrucker's with friends. We didn't get a chance to open any presents on her birthday. She didn't seem to mind.





No comments: