Thursday, October 17, 2013

Abby's Birthday Party

Abby was picky about her birthday party this year to say the least. I wanted her to have a fun party this year since she was turning 8 so I suggested going to get our nails done, pizza, movie, and a sleepover with some friends...she hesitantly said ok about it but I just kept thinking if I'm going to do all that she better be excited about it. So I asked and asked and finally a week before the only day I could do it, I asked her if that's what she really wanted to do and she said it wasn't but couldn't seem to think of what to do except that she wanted to take her friends camping...which wasn't an option sadly. So that day I was reading my email and saw an email for horseback riding which she has been asking to do for a couple years now. So there it was, that would be easy I thought. I got it booked, figured out the favors, and had an awesome friend make the invites for me. Then of course, the chance of rain was like 100% the day that we were going. And we had to leave to go with everyone about 5 minutes before most of the kids even get home from school. So then I started to stress out about it and how we were still going to do it. And let me tell you, it poured all day long. But I really didn't want to cancel it, everything was done and I didn't have another day available for a while...

And we made it and it happened. And I think the girls all had fun, I know I did. It was pouring still when all the girls got dropped off at my house, we drove in the rain all the way to the place and then it stopped. We got all set up and on our horses and started off on our trail ride. Some of the girls were a little nervous about getting on a horse, but I think by the end they all loved it. And we got about 45 minutes through it before another downpour. But I had prepped the girls that it might rain, and they were great and kind of excited about it. So we had a lot of fun and it all worked out perfectly I think. We came back, had pizza, ice cream, cupcakes, opened presents, dried clothes, and then everyone went home. So I think her 8th birthday turned out to be a success.



Abby did the chocolates all by herself, she loved doing them.

party favors


don't look at the cupcakes closely, I did them quick, and I'm not good at it




They had a leader of us all, then Abby and another girl, then Joe, a couple more girls, someone else, a couple more and then me bringing in the rear, along with another lady that walked the whole way...I think they were a little worried about 8 girls who had never been on a horse before.



and the last picture, it was pouring but you can't really tell, maybe that's why it's so blurry





No comments: