I can't believe I have an 8 year old, that is like a big milestone to me. I can't believe it was 8 years ago, that I had this little miracle baby. It really is crazy to think about what I was doing 8 years ago, and remembering like yesterday going into labor with her and all the craziness of her delivery. She was definitely my easiest baby and child- by a long shot. I just hope she can stay like that forever.
My parents came down the night before her birthday, so they could celebrate with us. She wanted donuts for breakfast, so Joe got up and went and got them bright and early since they get on the bus before 7am. My parents went and brought lunch to her at school and ate with her. Joe came home to be home when she got off the bus and decided he needed to go shopping for her for presents just from him...as if I didn't get enough for the both of us. When she got home, she opened presents and a little later headed to have dinner for her birthday. Then we came home and had a cookie cake and went to bed. Not too eventful. (This was also the day that Hannah dropped my 2 day old phone in the toilet and I had to try and remember that it was Abby's birthday and to take some deep breaths before saying or doing anything).
Don't mind the Tiffany's box...I saw that when Joe had been shopping for her and had it out for her. I promised myself not to get mad that he got our 8 year old something from Tiffany's until after she opened it, but I couldn't stop myself....but thankfully it turned out to just be a reused box for a gift card.
















No comments:
Post a Comment